Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
fork oil replacement

ok now we know how to remove the front shocks. what oil can be returned to the shocks? i read in this forum that the oil was 15 wt. oil what oil can be used instead of the 15 wt oil? i want the lightest oil i can get for the front shocks but also need oil that will work and not damage the shocks! my oil looked to me to be transmission type oil. and it was dirty only have 1200 miles on the bike.

i find the fron shocks to be to stiff for my pleasure and by replacing the oil with a lighter type of oil will make the ride a bit smoother? or am i thinking wrong?

i also removed one inch from the spacer tube to lower the bike just a bit. if this fails to help improve the ride i may go to a softer spring.

the back shocks have been lowered also by one inch. thanks bp.

· Registered
110 Posts
fork oil/springs

this week i removed the oil in the front shocks. the old oil looks like trans fluid. I'm looking to get a softer ride. on this site i read that the oil is 15wt. what oil can i put into the shocks to achieve the desired effect? if softer springs are the answer then where is a site to order them suzuki has no springs to replace the burgman spring other that original.
i have the dimensions in U.S. .185 wire dia. 13 11/16 overall with 4" closer wound. 1 3/8" total dia. for anyone interested it this for research.

· Registered
110 Posts
allwalk said:
Hi corvairbob.

The 650 comes shipped with 10 wt oil in the front. I was experiencing the front end bottoming out. Thats why I went to a thicker oil. It increases the dampening and made my ride smoother. I found the stock oil was great for speeds under lets say 50 mph. Over that and the front end couldnt absorb the bumps fast enough. If you go to a lighter oil I would guess that the bumps would be felt even more at higher speeds.
well i put in 5wt fork oil and it did nothing for the ride today. looks like the heavier oil is the way to go just what wt did you install alwalk? it is not hard to replace. but i want a smoooooth ride and not one that just about throws you off the bike. like others on this site the burgy has way to hard a ride for a scooter. i miss the helix ride alot. thanks bob p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.