Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. I wanted to check in and let ya'll know I'm still here. I have neglected to check the forum. Been living back here in OH and my 650 is sitting in my parents barn...I sure miss living in AZ where I could ride pretty much all year round. I'm near Lancaster OH and the weather this winter so far has done nothing but sucked. Snow. Subzero and below freezing temps. Oh well.

Doug

·
Registered
753 Posts
I feel your pain, Doug! We are going to what is called an inversion right now here in SW Idaho. That is where like a high fog hovers over the entire area keeping the sun (and corresponding warmth) from getting to us. Plus it is just dreary. Oh well. In a few days the sun should be back and I will be back on two wheels again. I will have my electric grips turned on any will be wearing my Gerbing jacket but hey- better than sitting home watching Andy Griffith show reruns, right?

One of my daughters lives in the Phoenix area and loves to rub it in how nice and warm it is there right now. And it is too. But I ask her what she does in the summertime when it is 115 degrees outside and she says that she does what everyone does there- stay inside where the A/C is. Uh-uh. Not for me. I know how to put on a coat and warm gloves. What do you do when it's 115-120 degrees? Nothing that I am interested in I can tell you that.

Hang in there, Doug. It wont last forever. It will just seem like it. Kinda like the Obama administration, huh? ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Glad to hear from you.

Willing to trade 20 degrees of California sunshine for a topped-off reservoir or two.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'll take 100 and dry over 85 and muggy every time.

But I am SO sick of winter.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'll take 100 and dry over 85 and muggy every time.

You got that right!

Being right on the edge of the desert makes the Boise area one of the drier places that I ever lived. If it were as hot and humid as it was when I lived in Tennessee or especially Houston then I never would have moved here.

Wear my heated gear in the winter and if needed my wet vest in the summer and all is well in the world. A few weeks of sucky winter weather compared to the rest of the year I can handle! :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I'll take our 110+ any day compared to what you are having now. Oh yea its in the low 80's here today in the desert of So. Cal. :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'll take our 110+ any day compared to what you are having now. Oh yea its in the low 80's here today in the desert of So. Cal. :D
That's a deal! You can have those 110 degree days! The weather here is so glorious most of the year I will gladly give up a month or two of it during the winter. Beside, it gives me chance to catch up on my ammo reloading.

What I love so much here is that there is very little traffic, wonderful roads, friendly and warm people and best of all no gang bangers!

I will never again in my life live someplace where it gets too hot to ride. Putting on a jacket and gloves is a very easy thing to do. Dying of heatstroke may be just as easy but guess which one I would rather do! :p

·
Registered
770 Posts
If its too hot to ride...you need better gear and/or increased speed. :D

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Good to hear from you Doug.
My son is in Fairborn and relates the same conditions there too. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Put the 650 in the trailer behind the motor home, left Omaha, and now enjoy riding in the 70's here in Tuscon! May I never see winter again!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
If its too hot to ride...you need better gear and/or increased speed. :D
I can understand the better gear- such as a wet vest that you have to rehydrate every half an hour or so, but when the temperatures are over 93-95 degrees the increased speeds only make matters worse. Much worse even. Like riding in a blast furnace. No fun at all.

But if it is sunny out and the temps are at least in the 30's, man- that's riding temperature right there! Insulated long johns, heated jacket and gloves, and some place to ride to. Don't need much more than that. :)

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having lived in SE AZ for 24 years, and being in OH the last 1.5 years, I'll say that it's NEVER been too hot to ride. I've ridden in Tucson at the height of summer, and I rode to work there on Ft. Huachuca when it was single digits. I'll STILL take AZ anytime to this crap weather here.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I can understand the better gear- such as a wet vest that you have to rehydrate every half an hour or so, but when the temperatures are over 93-95 degrees the increased speeds only make matters worse. Much worse even. Like riding in a blast furnace. No fun at all.

But if it is sunny out and the temps are at least in the 30's, man- that's riding temperature right there! Insulated long johns, heated jacket and gloves, and some place to ride to. Don't need much more than that. :)
Done plenty of 90+ degree riding last summer...I don't have a wet vest, just mesh jacket. Long as I was moving, it was fine. The Qlink not bathing the rider in engine heat is also nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts