Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I took a trip to town today. I have a 2005 650 with the Overdrive feature. I had originally thought that the Overdrive feature was operational while in Auto mode.

The RPM gauge shows the major tick marks between the LCD bars. So, there is a bar before and after the tick mark of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

I drove in auto mode till my speed hit 60 miles per hour. The RPM gauge showed one bar above the 4 tick mark (4,000 RPMs).

I shifted into Manual mode and the RPMs jumped up to be 3 bars above the 4 mark. The gear indicated I was in 5th gear.

I shifted up one more gear into the Overdrive. The RPMs now indicated one bar LESS than the 4 tick mark.

Now, the only problem I have now..... is remembering to either downshift or switch back into Auto mode when trying to speed up after a slow down. The bike sorta acts kinda funny without doing that....
heheheeee

So, my belief was wrong and I have found that while the Auto mode in the 2005 may have a different gearing than in previous models, the actual OD is not fully engaged until the transmission is in the "6th" or OD gear via Manual mode.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is from a recent post by Lumberman in another thread:

It seems I using the manual mode a lot on the back roads because the overdrive in the auto mode doesn't kick in until about 60 MPH. So I engage the OD earlier when the roads aren't too hilly.
Do you think maybe you just weren't going fast enough for the OD to "kick in" in Auto mode? If you've got a safe place to do it, maybe you could take it past 60 and see what happens...

WLB :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts