152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I made a pair of footpegs made of square metal tubing which I bolted onto the passenger floorboard using the existing bolthole under the rubber mat. Made all the difference.

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
498 Posts
But primil, you forgot the low seat - written roo shiito in Japanese.

For the shorties out there, it's not the cheapest of the solutions at 400USD. :cry:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I never would have quessed that Suzuki Japan offerred a raised foot board for the passenger! Wonder if you can get them here? Anyway, here's a simple solution (as my wife is short of leg). I bought a pair of 1 inch thick flip-flops at a local Walmart. I then cut off the straps even with the tops and then attached the sole part to the stock passenger floor boards with 3M double sided auto tape. It cost a total of $5 for both the flip-flops and tape. The're black so blend in ok with the Burgman.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Storm - dunno. I'll try to find out when I next pass by the dealership.

Riderrich - My girlfriend is 163cm and 49kg. The first time that we sat on the 650 at Suzuka circuit on 2003 for MotoGP, without backrest she simply felt that the seat area was way too big, the foot boards were much too far away, and that simply the Reflex 250 is more comfortable.

We did a one daytest ride that confirmed out suspicions. Without backrest and due to the torque of the thing, the huge seat, distance from the rider and slightly too distant footboards mean that she was liable to fall off at any opportunity. Bare in mind that this is a girl that holds onto my 163bhp / 80ftlbs torque x11 when we rag race race reps, with the front wheel lifting in first and second, without problem.

I didn't consider buying it at that time because of that. It wasn't until I had a 25mph off on the 11 and saw how easily it can be seriously damaged that I looked for something to replace it for touring - and came back to this. With a backrest, and at her height it's ok.

Point of the long story is that my girlfriend is a tall-ish Japanese female. Many are around the 150cm mark. They won't fit, so the boyfriend won't buy the bike. The passenger footboard position has definately hurt sales. I can see exactly why they made the modification...

I like your customised mod though. Nice work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lycheed,
INteresting info on you & girlfriend's experience with the Burg's passenger area. I'm not sure if it's the distance from the pass seat to the foot rests or it's the fact that the wide seat and the bulk at the rear of the bike forces the pass to have their legs splayed apart so far. I think if the footrests were positioned farther out, it would help also. Something for Suzuki to think about...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts