Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all. Can't believe I'm doing this, but feel I have to for some family and personal reasons (not financial reasons). I know it's not the time of year to sell a bike, and I'm fine waiting until Spring, but thought I'd put some feelers out there. Maybe this is just what someone is looking for.
2009 - AN 650 (non executive) Just over 11,000 miles and may slowly climb.
I've owned it for 3000 miles-ish. I've never laid it down. Looks like it hasn't ever been laid down. I did notice a small touch up area of paint on the edge by the floorboards. I've owned it for over two years and didn't notice it until a couple weeks ago.
I've added since I bought....
-Givi windscreen (perfect condition)
-Corbin tall seat.
-Corbin driver backrest
-fancy-schmancy handlebar weights. Don't recall the brand, but they were recommended by the forum and were close to $90 if memory serves.
-Ram brake reservoir mount and XL drink holder
-screw on style throttle lock
-Rear passenger back rest
-Shinko front and rear tires with maybe 2,000 miles on them

2,000 miles ago I replaced all fluids.... oil, transmission, final gear, coolant, brake lines flushed and fluid filled. Just did an oil change again last week.

There is NOTHING wrong with this bike. Selling for family reasons. I'm going to try to add some pictures, but if you are interested, would be much easier to text me at 605-440-0435 and I will send you pics of whatever you'd like.

As I mentioned, I realize this isn't the time to sell, and I'm ok waiting until Spring. Just thought someone out there might be looking to give my baby a good home.

Would like $3,400. Open to reasonable offers.

Located in Custer, South Dakota

Thanks.... Casey.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Because it wasn't mentioned in the post:

Based on his profile, the poster is in Custer, South Dakota -- about 40 miles southwest of Rapid City.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Because it wasn't mentioned in the post:

Based on his profile, the poster is in Custer, South Dakota -- about 40 miles southwest of Rapid City.
Fixed

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Also, Wasn't sure how to price these. If I'm way off, please let me know. Wasn't sure how expensive mods (Corbin seat and backrest) affected value. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Thanks all. Also, Wasn't sure how to price these. If I'm way off, please let me know. Wasn't sure how expensive mods (Corbin seat and backrest) affected value. Thanks!
Some buyers use Kelly's Blue Book numbers .... If they try to beat you up put the stock seat back on and then sell the Corbin here.

Reactions: s-steel and Dave_J

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some buyers use Kelly's Blue Book numbers .... If they try to beat you up put the stock seat back on and then sell the Corbin here.
I would if I still had it :) It's gone

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$3000 a better price? or just no interest? I can wait until spring too :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
i don't think your price is out of line; sounds like a good, low mileage bike with lots of valuable add-ons. the problem is, almost everbody here already has their dream scooter ... except me ;) . have you put it on craigslist yet ? i would list it there and see if you get any nibbles. since you don't seem to be in any hurry you can just let it sit there on craigslist as long as you like. these bikes seem to take a while to sell because the general riding community hasn't caught on yet. most people searching for a bike would not even look at one. the thing that turned me on to scooters was the storage space under the seat of my bws/zuma and the pure joy of riding it (although underpowered for my needs). i was hooked from then on. good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't think your price is out of line; sounds like a good, low mileage bike with lots of valuable add-ons. the problem is, almost everbody here already has their dream scooter ... except me ;) . have you put it on craigslist yet ? i would list it there and see if you get any nibbles. since you don't seem to be in any hurry you can just let it sit there on craigslist as long as you like. these bikes seem to take a while to sell because the general riding community hasn't caught on yet. most people searching for a bike would not even look at one. the thing that turned me on to scooters was the storage space under the seat of my bws/zuma and the pure joy of riding it (although underpowered for my needs). i was hooked from then on. good luck with your sale.
Thanks! You're only 19 hours away you know :) I could give you a couple free nights in our AirBnB when you come get it with your trailer. ;)

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
If I were needing another one I'd take the train over and have Casey pick me up. Spend a day in the back 40 then a day ride home for a Saddle Sore certificate.

I'd maybe stop at a town in Idaho that had more Brothels than Banks, they had 2 banks and 6 hotels, 13 Saloons and 5 brothels. Wallace ID.

Reactions: Blacktruck
1 - 13 of 13 Posts