Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen foot pegs added to the 650 but i need picks on the install. At 6'3" on longer trips I need to stretch. A search showed a lot of pics of the finished job but I need the how to. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Try running a search on "foot pegs" then you will get all the threads out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I ran that search and it showed a lot of finished jobs but I am looking for some with pics of the install progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like these? I didn't see the mod done but it can look pretty good.
Yes something like that. Hard to believe someone hasn't got the pics of the mod. A search bring up finished pics that all look good but none during.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
Not so hard to believe. Since no one makes a kit to install the footrest on a Burgman anything you see is a one off custom job. They were probably not thinking about doing a how to when they fabricated the setup so they did not take pictures. Then when they finished they did not want to strip everything off to take the pictures.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
If you want to do it this picture will give you some idea of what the frame underneath looks like in relation to the front fairing. If you look closely you can see the frame bracket that supports the floorboard turnup. It comes off the frame downtube right in front of and below the engine. That will probably be the best option to attach a fabricated bracket for the footrest to bolt to. The other option would be to attach the bracket to the downtube it's self.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not so hard to believe. Since no one makes a kit to install the footrest on a Burgman anything you see is a one off custom job. They were probably not thinking about doing a how to when they fabricated the setup so they did not take pictures. Then when they finished they did not want to strip everything off to take the pictures.
I can understand because is I was finding my way through a modification I probably would not take the time for pics either. I came from a Goldwing board where they had a how to vid on everything so I thought we might have some of the same. In my search I remember someone referring to mounting a bar around the bump on the floor mat. Looking at your pic is that a angle on the frame at the top bend of the radiator hose?

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
I think you are asking if that is a piece of angle iron. It's not, it's just a gusset between the two tubes. If your thinking that you could pass a bar through there you will discover that is where the throttle bodies and part of the air box is located. I'll look through the rest of my pictures and see if I can find any that give a better idea of all the stuff that is in that area.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
I can't find any that give good close ups. I found these two that might help some. One is from the front quarter with the fairing and radiator in place. It gives an idea of how the radiator fits in. The other is from the same quarter but with the fairing and radiator removed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
I found this picture in that thread. In the upper right corner is the horn and the lower left is the front fender. Welded to the frame behind the finder and just above the lower bend is the bracket the floorboard bolts too. I'm thinking your best bet will be to attach the footrest to that bracket.

That thing just to the right of the bracket and on the back of the down tube is the hinge for the radiator. It's got a bolt on the top and bottom. It's location will tell you how little room you have to pass anything all the way across the frame from side to side. Behind it you can see the valve cover and the coil caps on the spark plugs. It's pretty crowded in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts