Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying FOBO Bike (
) for my 650 Burgman Exec.

I have 90 degree metal valve stems that use nuts to secure to the wheel so they would be rigid enough to use with FOBO Bike. I'm thinking if I do use them I might need to have the tires re-balanced. But since they are small and light weight they may not cause any issues. After they are installed I plan on twisting the valve stem to be in alignment with the center of the wheel.

I'm wondering if anyone is using these or have used them in the past.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes.....they leak.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure if these are developed enough. If you have good quality 90 degrees installed, or even if you don't, it doesn't take long to check your air pressure. Just invest in a good gauge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a digital tire pressure gauge as well as an analog one. I store both of them on the bike along with a pump and tire patch kit. I also check the pressure before each ride. I was thinking the FOBO unit would help me to know if the tire pressure was dropping during a ride due to some type of puncture. So far I've had zero tire issues.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I do have a digital tire pressure gauge as well as an analog one. I store both of them on the bike along with a pump and tire patch kit. I also check the pressure before each ride. I was thinking the FOBO unit would help me to know if the tire pressure was dropping during a ride due to some type of puncture. So far I've had zero tire issues.
If while riding a tire loses enough pressure to matter you will be well aware of it before you have time to check your smartphone and be "alerted"...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just installed FOBO. Delighted to have it after picking up two screws/slow leaks in the last month.

I'm not a fan of getting on the ground and checking air pressure before every ride. With this, I just glance at my phone before I start the bike. You can also get live readings while you ride.

Installation couldn't be easier. The sensors replace your valve stem caps. FYI $99 and they came with a locking system and two extra batteries. www.my-fobo.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been using the FOBO tpms for 5 or 6 years now on my '13 650 and love em. Like DelrayBeacher, I found it a pain in the butt(and knees) to get down on the ground to check pressures with a tire gauge. Not to mention having to pull the front tire around to get to the valve stem, it never stops outside of the fender. I went with T valve stems and installed the FOBO on the straight/top valve and a cap on the angled valve. Makes topping off of tire much easier than having to unlock and remove the FOBOs each time. I don't bother keeping the FOBO app open on top because the pressure and heat is going to go up, it's just science. I give it a quick glance before I ride and top off as necessary. It also is easy to be reminded of the recommended tire pressure without having to drag out the manual. The only downside that bugs me is that it seems to really eat batteries. Maybe the newer ones are more efficient. Good luck and I highly recommend getting the T valve stems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts