Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping around for a new summer mesh jacket to replace my well worn and faded Speed and Strength jacket. I love my S&S jacket but I want hi-viz yellow and they are no longer making jackets in that color!:confused:

Anyway, I have been looking and found the Fly Flux mesh jacket. It looks nice and has the features I want. Does anybody have a Fly jacket or other gear and if so, do you like them?

http://www.flyracing.com/product/street/apparel/jackets/flux-air-mesh-jacket/2918/hi-viz

Please do not recommend a jacket to me if it costs more than $200! I am on a tight budget and my absolute high end is $200 and I would prefer closer to $100. I am open to any special sales if the sale price fits under my spending limit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I am shopping around for a new summer mesh jacket to replace my well worn and faded Speed and Strength jacket. I love my S&S jacket but I want hi-viz yellow and they are no longer making jackets in that color!:confused:
I have the one from First gear:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-mesh-tex-jacket?utm_source=product&kwd=&kpid=839835&gclid=CJ7Ox_XqxMQCFc1lfgodPDAASw

Quality seems very good. I did have one issue with a button after a few months and sent it back - they replaced the jacket, no questions asked. No problems with it since.

I also have the First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket, also very high quality.

Overall, I'm recommending First Gear for their products and their customer service. On that know, Revzilla is TOP NOTCH with respect to customer service.

That's about it :)

P.S: If you're a really fat boy, you can get a great deal on one here:
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/last_chance_bargains/first_gear/2010_mesh_tex_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html?gclid=CKjDh8DrxMQCFYZffgodKa8ARw

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this exact jacket and I very happy with it. I was a little worried as it was fairly inexpensive, I paid around $85 for it. My dealer price matched an internet price. I'm 5'8" and around 180 lbs and wearing a large size. The fit is good with nice adjustments at the waist and arms. Airflow is good without the liner. When the liner is in it is a great wind breaker / water barrier. My only complaint is that getting the liner zipped and snapped takes a bit of time.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have the Dainese Air-Frame Textile Jacket, comes with a liner you can use it even in spring no problem, you take out the liner and you get a lot, A LOT of air.

its pricey but well worth the protection and style, you can walk into any office or place not looking alien but fashion.

you can upgrade the jacket with a Dainese Wave G2 backprotector.

I recommend it.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-air-frame-textile-jacket

and for pants I rock the Dainese Air Drake that can be zipped up with the jacket as well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies.

I have the one from First gear:
My winter jacket is First Gear brand and I hate it. Poorly assembled with bad materials! One sleeve is longer than the other. The armor is all but impossible to use with long sleeves{catches when putting on}. The wrist velcro gave out after just 3 weeks. The zipper constantly hangs up on the inner liner material. Only good thing was it was cheap. I put up with it for two winters and will replace it next fall.

I have the Dainese Air-Frame Textile Jacket,
Out of my budget and not available in yellow{small panels on the sleeves don't count}.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My winter jacket is First Gear brand and I hate it. Poorly assembled with bad materials! One sleeve is longer than the other. The armor is all but impossible to use with long sleeves{catches when putting on}. The wrist velcro gave out after just 3 weeks. The zipper constantly hangs up on the inner liner material. Only good thing was it was cheap. I put up with it for two winters and will replace it next fall.
Wow! Sounds like you got a lemon. Mine is perfect. I've had it for almost two years now, with none of the problems you are describing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had a similar Fly hi-viz mesh jacket for 2 years now. I can second Voltage KC's comments above. The liner makes a good windbreaker when in place. It's not that great for steady rain, though, like we have here in NW Oregon. Been using it year-round (w/ sweater for temps below 45F.) til I broke down and bought a A-stars jacket a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After lots of review reading and video watching, plus input from this and other forums, I am going to get the Fly CoolPro 2.

Now to figure out where to buy. I am going to make sure they have a no restock fee policy{the fee is the reason I didn't return my cold weather jacket several years ago - can't remember the store I used though}. Revzilla and BikeBandit are at the top of my list. Anybody know of a better online store? BTW the store must also take Paypal as that is how I shop online.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
After lots of review reading and video watching, plus input from this and other forums, I am going to get the Fly CoolPro 2.

Now to figure out where to buy. I am going to make sure they have a no restock fee policy{the fee is the reason I didn't return my cold weather jacket several years ago - can't remember the store I used though}. Revzilla and BikeBandit are at the top of my list. Anybody know of a better online store? BTW the store must also take Paypal as that is how I shop online.
I've had excellent experiences with Revzilla, having bought maybe $2000 worth of gear from them. I dunno if they take Paypal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jafrum.com is good, though they're in NC, and shipping is slower for me on the left coast. Motorcycle Superstore is another worth checking. Bike Bandit was promoting a price match- not sure if they still are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts