Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing a trip from Florida up to the mountains in August 2004. Looking for anyone that might like to ride along or meet up along the way. I took the trip last year on my 2002 Goldwing and now I would like to do the same trip on my Burgman 650. Three of us went last time and it was a great experience and I sure am looking forward to doing it again.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Dennis,

Keep us up to date on your plans. I'd be coming from a different direction, but might be able to meet ya'll over in the mountains.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update.

I haven't set up how I am going yet but I know I will end up in Cookville, Tn. I plan on spending a couple of days their and meeting up with my friend Vic. He wants a Burgman real bad but hasn't found the right deal yet. I hope maybe he will have it by the time I arrive. If not I guess we will be riding two up. It was good to here from you guys, that maybe we can meet up somewhere. I just ordered replacement tires, I have over 9000 miles on the orginals. They still haven't got to the wear indicators yet but I want new before taking this 2000 mile trip. I orderd the corbin saddle and hope it is as good as the one I had on my goldwing. I love the burgman but it rides a little hard. I will update you all when I know more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
me, maybe...

Hey, depending upon your route and your dates of travel, I'd like to try to make some part of the ride through North Georgia with you.

Al

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Athens

Hi Al
It would be nice to meet up with you in Athens. I will come up route 441 to Athens. The first night I plan to stay in Dublin GA. That is about 375 miles from home maybe a little less. I have no set date to leave so let me know what might work for you. My wife is very understanding and knows that I am going sometime in August. If we can't get togeather on the way up, maybe coming back will work. I plan on coming down 27.

·
Registered
103 Posts
a possibility

Dennis,

441 is good for me! That's about the biggest road I will ride.

Dates could be the kicker - I don't want to crimp your plans. I really don't have a lot going on in August (a friend's wedding on the 21st) but, it's unlikely I can take any time off so that limits it to the weekends. I'm also playing with a band so I have to be careful that we don't get some gig that cancels my plan. In short, I am known to be one helluva a hard guy to schedule with but I would like to try - sometimes it works out.

Feel free to email me directly...especially as you get close to picking your date.

Al

·
Registered
135 Posts
im in ft lauderdale and im gonna be on vacation from work august 12th----my birthday until the 23rd. i planned to take a trip across florida sometime during that week. let me know your schedule and maybe we can cross paths.

·
Registered
103 Posts
updates?

Have you finalized your plans? I can't get away during the week but if you pass through North Georgia on a weekend day, maybe....

Al

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trip update Aug 15

The bike is still in for repairs. I have been waiting almost 6 weeks for the new radiator. I checked on it the other day and the dealer had all the bikes that were in for repair sitting out in the rain. I went in a bithched about it but got no satifaction from anyone. I left them a set of new tires, that I finally got from Odinea Suzuki. It was a 22 day wait for tires, but I saved a $100.00 from the price at Power Sports in Clearwater. The radiator was suppose to be sent from Suzuki on the 13 but with the hurricane in Florida, I haven't been able to get a conformation. I don't know if I dare take this bike on a long trip anymore. The bike is great but if it breaks down on a trip I'll have to shoot it and buy another one to get home. I have my new Corbin saddle sitting in the garage and hope that maybe by the end of August I will have something to put it on. The good news is that it has been raining for the last month and I wouldn't have been able to ride much any way. The roads should be nice and clean if and when I get the bike back. September or October ? I rode interstates and goldwings for most of my 40 years of riding and never had to wait more than a week for any parts, sure miss my goldwing. wish they would make an automatic 1200cc for the riders that don't pull 1500lb trailers.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That’s ridiculous. I would feel rather insecure taking this bike on a long trip knowing that if something were to go wrong, you would have to abandon it.

I guess, one could have it shipped home, but that would still cost some dough.

BTW, if MY bike was out in the rain, I would literally hack off heads at that dealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts