Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 AN650e with 12,500 miles and am on my second set of tires and was told it is time to swap out for a new rear tire. I have also had 2 flats on this recent rear tire. Mostly city driving of the slightly aggressive LA nature.

Please feel free to chime in on your favorite,non dark side tires.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Shinko. Good tire, good grip, but doesn't last that long (5k). However at $60 delivered, its about as inexpensive as you can get. For the price, probably the best deal.
Ditto that. I have about 6500 miles on the Shinko rear and it is pretty much toast but overall I have been pleased with it. I am going to the darkside here in a few days and if I like running a CT on my Burgman as much as I do my Goldwing then I imagine that I will stay that way from now on.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I've tried Pirellis (wore more evenly than the Bridgestones but both worn out at 5K mi) but they just don't last as long as the Bridgestones (8-9K mi rear about twice that on the front). I've seen a set of Shinkos on another local 650 riders bike start to delaminate (air pockets under the tread causing bulging) though I do have a well worn Bridgestone rear on my '09 that has a big bubble under the tread in one spot. Never tried the Michelins or Metzlers. Would like to get my hands on a set of the Maxxis tires but despite them coming factory installed on the MyRoad Maxis doesn't currently have any availability, I called and they stopped all the DOT motorcycle tires in the US some time ago. They couldn't even give me any idea on when.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
My tire preference setup of choice is the Bridgestone TH01F on the front and the Michelin Pilot Sport SC on the back. Seems to give me the best combination of wear and handling.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am on my 3rd rear tire on my K05 400. I got about 7,000 miles on the Bridgestone Hoops. I opted for the Michelin City Grips this go around due to the reviews on this forum, hopefully I will get similar results or better. The rear gets twice the wear of the front due to the fact it does the work of accelerating the scoot.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Bridgestone Hoops, Are To Soft, One of the reasons why it gets Flats So easy!! When i had the Pirelli Diablo's Never had a Flat!! now running Michelin SC

Elliott,

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Metzlers are very sticky and great in the rain but expensive and wear.

I'm doing the Shinkos this time. Mechanic says good tires and at $60 I don't mind versus $200 on the Metz.

I'm not riding hard these days but am riding a lot of distance.

I'm going to go up from 38 to 41 on the rear this time now my bead seems to be holding but the **** frost heaves from last winter are brutal.

I'll start 38/41 instead of my current 38/36

It's incredible how hot that rear tire gets - I have real time pressure and temp monitoring and it's an eye opener.

If you are getting city flats there are sealants that I've used that work well.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yeah!! 41 PSI is better, Keeps the Tyres from Flattening,

+1

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I am on my 3rd rear tire on my K05 400. I got about 7,000 miles on the Bridgestone Hoops. I opted for the Michelin City Grips this go around due to the reviews on this forum, hopefully I will get similar results or better. The rear gets twice the wear of the front due to the fact it does the work of accelerating the scoot.
Bridgestone Hoops, Are To Soft, One of the reasons why it gets Flats So easy!! When i had the Pirelli Diablo's Never had a Flat!! now running Michelin SC

Elliott,
Are we talking about 650 tires?

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I initially went thru the OEM Bridgestones on my 06 (which I got in June 08 with 1200 miles). I got, oh, I think, around 10K. I then went with Bridgestones again (and the redesigned rear tire), they lasted around 11-12K. I'm on Pirelli Diablos now and love 'em. THey seem to be wearing OK, though I've moved the bike from Arizona to OH in Aug of '12 and haven't ridden a WHOLE lot here (near Lancaster OH) yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts