Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 650 Burgman and when I hit the brakes the rear brake lights flash for three flashes and then stay on until brakes are released. I guess this is not standard for this model and I must have a brake modulator hidden some where on the scooter. Since it's not in the trunk it's probably somewhere hidden up under the Tupperware somewhere, probably behind the tail lamp housing. I just wanted to know if this is standard equipment for the Burgman or is it an add-on. By the way it work great, I like it.

John

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not standard. Likely as you suspect the spliced in modulator is under the tupperware, I'd suspect the rear tail light tupperware, since that is the easiest location to tap into the tail light wiring...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket product to me. The modules themselves are generally tiny little things. Here's an example with an installation video so you can see what's going on. It's a good video, even if they are installing the thing on a pickup:

http://www.flashingbrakelights.com/Installation.html

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
On my Vespa top case I just added LED lights which have the three blink feature then to full brake light. It is a kit from admorelighting.com a wonderful addition for cagers to see us. I do like the other bulbs from kisantech so will get those as well. I just want to be seen.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If the cagers do not look.you can be a d a m n Christmas tree and they still do not see you.........

·
Registered
21 Posts
Flashing brake lights

I found drop-in replacements at SuperbrightLEDs -- the flashers are built into the lamps, no wiring needed.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If the cagers do not look.you can be a d a m n Christmas tree and they still do not see you.........
This happens WAY more often than you'd think. I watched a car pull out into traffic just the other day. He actually pulled out in front of the car ahead of me. That car happened to be a Sheriff's marked cruiser. A few years ago I watched a minivan pull in front of a semi and get bounced to the other side of the road for it's trouble.

It's not as if drivers don't see motorcycles; they don't see ANYBODY. :(

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
:spam1:
Anyone care to make some recommendations for a flashing rear brake light. I've seen two approaches. The first light flashes constantly until the brakes are applied then lights up as a steady red light until the brakes are released.
And the second one is ? Is this a sincere question or just an excuse to post the link (spam) at the bottom of your post ?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I found drop-in replacements at SuperbrightLEDs -- the flashers are built into the lamps, no wiring needed.
Ooo, those sound cool. I'll have to look those up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts