Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GIVI windshield on my bike is flapping like a flag. Is there anything I can do to fix it? It makes it vibrate so bad it's like I can't ride it. It's almost like a tank slapping feeling. It's worst on the highway.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Take it off and check/replace the rubber wellnuts.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Take it off and check/replace the rubber wellnuts.
+1, except I would add the word "immediately!"

If one or two of the wellnuts are shot, it could be just holding on by a thread, waiting to break loose and decapitate you on the highway.

Or just give you a heck of a whack on the face. :boxing:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't think its a GIVI. It looks like it's made a lot cheaper. What other windshields are available? I have a clearview that I love for my 400, but besides them and a real GIVI, what other options are there? I'll give the well nuts a look asap

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Take a look at Cee Bailey stuff. I had one on my V-Strom and loved it. I currently have my stock windshield mounted with the LeDude style laminar lip and it works very well. Also as a side note CeeBaily makes a Burg Bag that fit the storage compartment exactly, I have one of these as well as its the cats meow for packing clothes up for a trip.

Greg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone put a Laminar Lip" on their 650 yet? I am wondering if it helps with the vibration I am noticing at higher speeds, extended shield position.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well, I don't think its a GIVI. It looks like it's made a lot cheaper. What other windshields are available? I have a clearview that I love for my 400, but besides them and a real GIVI, what other options are there? I'll give the well nuts a look asap
You can buy well nuts from Suzuki and they will have metric nuts on the back side ,and you can reuse the existing mounting screws. Or you can go to home depot or lowe's and buy their well nuts for 1/4 of the cost, but you will also have to buy new bolts b/c their nuts are not metric threads.

FWIW....I now have a tall height Givi windshield on my 650, used new well nuts from lowe's and it's rock solid even at 90 mph hwy speed. This Givi replaced my existing tall windshield that I think came from Suzuki. It's shaped exactly like the stock windshield, except it's 3" taller. I laid the stock one right over the tall one, and it's got the exact contour. This one does flap around noticeably more than the stock one at hwy speed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm thinking of driving it without the windshield to see if I still get the vibration. And is there any way to tell if it's a real GIVI or not? Looking at it more, it might be real. Idk could it be the front tire isn't right? Maybe wheel bearings? How would I check the wheel bearings?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Has anyone put a Laminar Lip" on their 650 yet? I am wondering if it helps with the vibration I am noticing at higher speeds, extended shield position.
Yes I put a LeDude style laminar lip on my stock windshield and it made a huge difference in wind protection. Doesn't flap much ( typically riding into a quartering wind when it does). My buddy has a GIVI on his 650 and says my windscreen seems to do a better job in reducing helmet buffeting than his windscreen does. Doesn't have the hand protection the Givi has though.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts