Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Australia, where long-term sun damage fades the exposed parts of the Burgman 650, such as the area between the handlebars. Has anyone found an effective method for re-blackening the fading? I bought a proprietary product that helped only a little. I've heard there's a US product called Super Black, but it isn't available in Australia. All advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Pledge works to keep the plastic looking decent but I don't think it will restore badly faded plastic. For that your going to need something like Mother's Back-to-Black or Black WOW or similar products. Whether any of these are available in Australia I can't tell you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G'day from Sydney, Australia - thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Currently testing the Back-to-Black, so far so good. I tried the Turtle wax black plastic restorer kit and some other brand{can't remember which one} and they both failed!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Been using Mothers Back To Black for years. It's the real deal. Pledge works great for regular touch-ups. For serious fading, this is what you need.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the link Vdub1968. After seeing the test results, I think I'm going to try the C4 Permanent Trim Restorer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts