Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K-8 Burgie and have removed the cvt covers
when I got the movable & fixed drive face off they are not bright shine like they was last time I was in there they are grey on both of them, they are not grooved just dull grey. My question is, are they ok to install after I put on my new belt? I had found they my movable drive plate was gummy and hanging up. I have got new Dr. Pulleys 14g to replace the original rollers. I'm wondering if it's ok to reinstall fixed & movable drive faces after just cleaning them up?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My variator plates have been a greyish color every time I've seen them. Cleaning is a relatively big deal with regard to belt life of the replacement belt.

You don't mention how many miles you have, but from your description I'd clean and go.

After 40K my variator has significant grooves on the outer edge. I'll be replacing them next week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Chatman, I have a little over 3000 miles on my 2008 400 and it had only 287 miles on it when I had bought it last summer. I'm going to replace my belt because I'm sure it is the original belt, plus put in sliders in place of the rollers. Ok on the grey I was a little concerned as I had never pulled the plates before. My movable drive plate was hanging when I would raise and lower it after removing it.. Thank you so much for your answer as I'm ready to clean and replace things so I can get on the road again..

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I have got new Dr. Pulleys 14g to replace the original rollers.

I've never know of anyone to use 14g sliders in a 400....
most riders choose either 18g or 19 g sliders.
I'll be real curious as to how well they work out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am wondering why you would want to change the belt? I've got a 400 k8 with about 10k and I wouldn't think of changing mine yet. It's worth checking it with a caliper to see if it is still in spec. If it still has plenty of width why not leave it on? It should be with just 3k on the clock.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The main reason of changing my belt is it is about 7 years old and do not trust being out in the north 40 and having it give up on me because of age.. I think Suzuki tells you it should be replaced ever 4 years if I'm not mistaken. At any rate I will keep my belt I take off and use it as a spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts