Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have used search but not much there regarding later 650Execs.
Went out for a 120 mile ride out yesterday but on the motorway even with a mra vario spolier the buffeting was still noticeable ( im 5 11" ) and that stock screen was flexing like a sheet in the wind 馃槣
So I am going to purchase a Givi screen, any tips on fitting one or a better alternative would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Bigmc

Administrator
WARNING!

The GIVI is as thin as a stock screen. The Clearview is thicker.

My 2003-2012 Non-Exec 650's GIVI screen flexes a lot. I like GIVI screens but know the differences.

Reactions: Bigmc

Administrator

Administrator
Not saying a GIVI is bad. It is just not as thick and is known to flex more.

I think I have two 2002-2012 non-Exec GIVI's in the Garage but I am running a stock 2008 Suzuki screen.

Well Nuts are NOT provided by most sellers. Reusing the old ones is IFFY at best.

Reactions: Bigmc

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well being in the UK I actually found it hard to find screens for late 650 Execs.
Yes, I could order them from the States but shipping costs were horrendous !
In the end it came down to just two that I could order from within the UK, a Pyramid Ermax Touring Screen or the Givi.
Given that Dave J said the Givi's were thin I found out that the Ermax was only 3mm thickness and the Givi 4mm so I have ordered the Givi D3104ST in clear , just hope its OK ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the Givi D3104ST screen came today, it is far better quality than the OEM screen and thicker ,the only thing is, I ordered it from branded biker here in the UK ( very good ) but no fitting instructions came with it.
Not had chance to try it out yet as it has been wet and very windy here in Devon today.
Simple enough job but as most of you probably know, if fitting one reconnect the two screws behind the screen first then snap the screen cover in place otherwise you will break a flimsy plastic tab like I did !!
Anyway 拢29 delivered so not going to break the bank,so glad its not a BMW scooter..phew !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts