Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Burgman 650 Executive. I would like to run a power wire and ground wire from my battery to the front fork area with minimal removal of tupperware.
If I remove the maintenance lid, can I use a coat hanger wire to fish the wires from the battery to the engine compartment and from the engine compartment to the front fork area?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I followed the existing wiring from the batt to fork are being very careful to insulate and isolate it from all of the hot spots along the way. What kind of wire are you using?

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Yes.

If you remove the handle bar cover and the top box you should be able to get a wire down the engine area. Then from the battery you can snake a coat hanger wire over to the engine area to pull it over.

I did this just last year for another member for his heated grips. But I have all the special wire fishing tools.
But a quick go to is a cut and bent coat hanger.

Reactions: hscohen and Tromper

·
Premium Member
8,330 Posts
yes

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yes.

If you remove the handle bar cover and the top box you should be able to get a wire down the engine area. Then from the battery you can snake a coat hanger wire over to the engine area to pull it over.

I did this just last year for another member for his heated grips. But I have all the special wire fishing tools.
But a quick go to is a cut and bent coat hanger.
I cut a 3ft length of fiberglass snake.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
And here I was trying to figure out what "fish power" was, and why it needed ground wires.

/facepalm
MikeyM can explain what Bean and Beer power is. Don't mix the two with Pickled Eggs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
TL,DR:
Copy how the seat cable runs along the frame, you'll not need any special protection for your wires.

Long description:
I added a fuse holder box aside of the diagnostic connectors (on the left side of the scooter), with a big red wire taken from a car HiFi dismantled installation.

From the box i run 3 wires: a 4mm2 for the front lights, a 2.5mm2 for the dual horns, and a 1.5mm2 for chargers/GPS/etc.
The wires are of the "house installation" kind (i had them ready in a box) and i run them on the "outside" of the frame, tighted with some up to "a hole" between the airbox and the frame, and from here they split towards the ABS and the handlebar, or towards the front lights.

On the other side i have a 4mmq ground wire from the battery to the nearest frame bolt and from there two 2.5mmq ground wires: one goes up following the seat cable and reach another bolt between the handlebar and the dash, one towards the back (reaching another frame bolt) for the "in-seat" chargers (i was planning to add led lights on the back, that's why a wire so big).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts