Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Firstgear Kilimanjaro in November 2013 - early this year 1 of the snaps on the front came off , i thought at the time oh well thats a shame , but i looked up their site and they give a 2 year limited warranty. So i contacted them (1-866-302-5676) and explained (after some struggle to explain a "popper" and a snap are the same thing),

They asked for photo's and some background (receipt, size and address) and i sent them off in email the same day

Next day i get a ups return label and a mail saying they sending me a new jacket and to return the old in the box !!!! - I truly was expecting a bit of back and forth on why the snap coming off was my fault, too rough etc - But no - nothing - GREAT Customer orientation

I will be looking for first gear stuff again

Hope the 2 year thing helps someone else - http://www.firstgear-usa.com/warranty,

·
Registered
753 Posts
Good news and good to know because I have the same jacket as you. No problems yet and I hope that it stays that way. I love mine. Good looking too.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Wish I would have known about it a couple of years ago. I have a 1st gear jacket{Rush Tex} for winter and I have had nothing but problems with it. When I got it both sleeves were extra long with one longer than the other. I would have returned it but the company I bought it from wanted me to pay shipping and a restock fee. I kept it but then one thing after another went out. After about a month or so the wrist velcro stopped working then the zipper would constantly get hung up. I also had problems with the shoulder and elbow armor bags{held in place with velcro - are all their jackets this way?}. The warranty might not have fixed the initial problems but it could have fixed the later ones.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I purchased a Firstgear Kilimanjaro in November 2013 - early this year 1 of the snaps on the front came off...
I had a similar experience with their mesh jacket. One of the snap bases pulled through the sleeve. I had only worn the jacket a few times. Anyway - I just had to email them a copy of the receipt and they said to send them the jacket. They replaced it, no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts