Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First week observations on the 650:
1) It is quick off the line.
B) It accelerates (exhilarates, as my 9th grade history teacher would have said)
rapidly up to 40 mph - while holding the rpms under 4k for the first 600 miles :x
III) It turns on a dime - important to keep the rpms up to avoid a downturn!
d) It handles better 2-up than the Nomad did solo
:arrow: Did I mention that it was quick off the line? :D

I made the appointment for the 600 mile service when I picked up the bike last Thursday. I asked if they could fit me in on Saturday, and they seemed perplexed, though the answer was no. (it's 170 miles from their driveway to mine - another 260 miles would have been a piece of cake!) The earliest they could fit me in was this coming Saturday :? I have had to struggle to keep the mileage down. I would have had 700+ on Saturday, if I had done the riding I had planned. As it is, I've taken the jeep for a lot of my travels and the result is that I'll have about 720 when I get back to the dealer bright and early Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon I'll find out how it runs up to 6k rpm! :lol: I expect I'll be able to keep pace with traffic on the superslab. As it is, at 4k I'm only hitting 68 indicated, probably around 62 actual, on a 75 mph road...

Besides the 6k limit between 600 and 1000 miles, are there any other things I need to be aware of for the next 400 miles/2 days?

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Sounds like your having fun. Don't be afraid to take it up to 75 or so indicated for short bursts, (1 mile, then maybe 2 miles) then bring it back down, it won't break. If you watch the tac., you probably are @ 5,000 RPM while accelerating anyway. Varing the RPM is the best thing you can do to it, just don't open the throttle more that 1/2 or so, you should be fine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just passed 5000 miles and the Scoot just keeps gettin' better.
You have much grinning in your future.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Fran

Sounds like you are having a Grin time!

Once you have the first service out of the way - you can work the engine a bit harder - it helps the engine in the longer term.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the RPM at indicated 120 mph? 8)

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
You won't be dissapointed with your new ride. Mine has over 20,000 miles,just put on the third set of tires. It just runs like a fine watch. The best machine I have ever had and I have had just about everything. Good riding to ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts