Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has now been 1 week without riding my Burgman.......oh the horror and shame of it all!
I have not even wanted to go out and tinker with it.....The Mayans were right The end is surely near!
I tweaked my back and have been down. It has been years since this has happened.
I only hope it is not a sign of a 6th back surgery and a trike kit in my future................... :roll:

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Good luck, I hope the back recovers without the need for that 6th surgery.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I hope it was just a temporary crick in your back and not serious! Hope you feel better soon!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Uh...this is how it started on the Majesty forum.....

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
What?
Please enlighten us or PM me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Scootereno said:
It has now been 1 week without riding my Burgman.......oh the horror and shame of it all!
I have not even wanted to go out and tinker with it.....The Mayans were right The end is surely near!
I tweaked my back and have been down. It has been years since this has happened.
I only hope it is not a sign of a 6th back surgery and a trike kit in my future................... :roll:
Hope you improve rapidly. As for me I'd rather walk than ride a trike.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
QuantumRift said:
Uh...this is how it started on the Majesty forum.....
Oh the Burgmanity!

Seriously though, heal fast there, Scootereno.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
May your recovery be swift, painless, and without surgery.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the kind replies! I wish I could say I did it lifting a tree off a child's leg or something macho but it wasn't.
I am seemingly a little better each day but still walking at a 15 degree lean to the right from the waist up and have to medicate to sleep.
It happened 13 years to the day from my last surgery in 1999.....Good thing I'm not superstitious. :shock:
I have L3-L6 (lower back) problems and this is right in that zone.
Does anyone really grow old gracefully?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Scootereno, hope your back heals quickly and without surgery. As for the trike thing if that's what it takes to keep on the road go for it. I think it would a lot more fun than walking. Sadly I think a trike is in my near future if the money ever becomes available. If so I will ride my trike with pride. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
Oggle these Steve.

[attachment=3:e3wdvnhf]T-rex trike.jpg[/attachment:e3wdvnhf]

[attachment=2:e3wdvnhf]Speedster2.jpg[/attachment:e3wdvnhf]

[attachment=1:e3wdvnhf]HondaCBR-1000trikefront.jpg[/attachment:e3wdvnhf]

[attachment=0:e3wdvnhf]coventryvictor.jpg[/attachment:e3wdvnhf]

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
If Steve is having lower back problems, I would think he would have an issue getting low enough to get in a T-REX, although they are pretty awesome looking! :thumbup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Scootereno said:
Thanks for all the kind replies! I wish I could say I did it lifting a tree off a child's leg or something macho but it wasn't.
I am seemingly a little better each day but still walking at a 15 degree lean to the right from the waist up and have to medicate to sleep.
It happened 13 years to the day from my last surgery in 1999.....Good thing I'm not superstitious. :shock:
I have L3-L6 (lower back) problems and this is right in that zone.
Does anyone really grow old gracefully?
No such thing as growing old gracefully.
As it has been said; "getting old is not for sissy's" ( tongue firmly placed in cheek )
I feel for you, dealing with back problems.
I get them frequently myself and it's no fun, even with your pants on or off !!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Just a digression to mention that I like the last of the three reverse-trikes Dave_J posted.

Looks like a variant on the Morgan Trike. New (and, yes they're making them again), they're about $48K.

Back to the well-wishes to Scooterino.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I too have been ogling the reverse trikes Dave posted! :D
I like 1 and 3 but as said above it might be a chore getting in and out of them. 8)

·
Registered
123 Posts
model28a said:
Scootereno, hope your back heals quickly and without surgery. As for the trike thing if that's what it takes to keep on the road go for it. I think it would a lot more fun than walking. Sadly I think a trike is in my near future if the money ever becomes available. If so I will ride my trike with pride. :thumbup:
A trike, with either two wheels in front or in the back is not a motor cycle in the conventional sense although it may be licensed as such. Without the sensation of leaning into the curves, it is an automobile for all practical purposes. It seems to me if a person still wants to ride in the open air a convertible would be more practical and safer with the added benefit of being able to raise the top if desired. At 84 I am still doggedly sticking to my 07 Exec even though an arthritic shoulder is a PITA. There will come a day when I will have to hang it up and forego two-wheeling. When that day comes a trike will not be in my future but an elegant sidecar rig might be.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anyone considering a side car outfit should try and ride a couple before deciding to go that way.
It is not like anything you may have ridden before, and some can be very hard to steer. There are a few companies that specialize in "hacks" .

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
The T-rex would be a fun sports trike for sure.

The last one is a 1934 Coventry Victor, Check out the price in 1934 pounds. :D
[attachment=0:2m948uu0]CoventryVictor1934AD.jpg[/attachment:2m948uu0]

The 1st one is a T-rex, 2nd is an artist's test drawing, 3rd I do not know its name.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts