Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode at night for the first time. Love the red numbers on the gauges! Reminds me of my friend's Miata, very sporty! I also now see why everybody upgrades the headlights. 35W!? What was Suzuki thinking? My 50cc scoot uses 35W but it only goes 35mph, works OK with that.

What headlights did you guys replace them with? Anybody using 45W bulbs or do you simply go all the way to 55W?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I'm using HID 35W, White , there are some 65 Watt 75 Watt HID's but will be to Bright, And could Land you a Ticket, Have VBS (Vacation Bible School) coming up in July from 6:30 to 8:30 PM , 1 Week .Night time ride Home, for me,, Need all the Light you can Get!!

Not sure how 55W 2 bulbs will do with are Scoots that's 110 Watts So you must have a Good Battery to Handle them..

Elliott,

·
Registered
326 Posts
I put 55W bulbs in mine 4 years ago I have had no problems at all with the charging system being able to keep up and I am still running the factory battery from 2005.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
One of my 35W bulbs burned out about 5 years ago. I replaced that one with a 55W but left the 35W on the other side. Been riding it that way ever since.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>Rode at night for the first time<<

Back in the day (before directionals even) we used to ride at night all the time. However, due to all the animals waiting to jump out in front of me now I rarely if ever do. Guess that's what age will do to you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts