Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked my appointment for this Saturday. Got a little out of hand this past week and actually going to roll into the service center around 1200km instead of 1000km - that is not a problem is it?

Any tips for what to look for or expect anything special? The manual says this first one is the most important.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Expect that you will hate the seat and will be looking for a solution very soon after your first really long ride afterwards. :D

We have suggestions...

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Nothing special to look for on the first service. They are suppose to check torque on a bunch of nuts and bolts. If you can watch them while they do the work you might look to see that they actually do that. Otherwise it is mostly a fluid and filter change affair.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Lots of different options on aftermarket seats and different folks like different ones. I've got a Corbin seat on mine and I really like it but others don't care for the Corbin. Any of the aftermarket seats will be pricey.

All kinds of options cheaper than a aftermarket seat. Lots of folks find just adding a true drivers backrest does the trick for them. Several companies make kits to convert the butt stop to a true backrest or you can make your own if you are handy with tools. There are also backrest like the Bearcat one sold by a fellow on this board that replace the butt stop.

Others find comfort in pads of one kind or another. The Airhawk seems to be popular with lots of folks. Many others go with bead riders or sheepskins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been trying out a sheepskin... it seems to help for now I will see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Only thing I added was Bearcats butt stop. I find the seat bottom fine your bottom may differ. :laughing5:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts