Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decide to buy a k3 400 so ill be on my way in about three hours to get it. I hope it's everything you guys say it is. I'm going to road it home so our first trip will be 210 miles together. Anyway wish me luck. It was between the burgman and a helix.

Mark

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Good luck. Congratulations. Ride defensively. Remember, half of them can't see you and the other half are aiming for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head home all is in good order the bike is enjoying the road. I will have some questions. I got for $1400 with 7700 miles on it.

Here we go!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that was not much fun, started out great. Two hours in a truck lost a bunch of debris in front of me and I ran over a nail and the tire blew out at seventy miles per hour, I was on the brakes but the turned completely sideways with my wife behind me in the van. She was crying when I was able to safely pull to the side of the road. Please be careful out there on the road.

Mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
That is one of those things that can happen to anyone. If you walk away unharmed, then it was a good crash...if there is such a thing. Aside from the tire, what was the damage? Most 'Tupperware' damage can be easily fixed. Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I HATE RIDING BEHIND TRUCKS WITH DEBRIS FLYING OUT OF THEM!
Sorry you had to endure that stressful situation during your first ride. Glad your ok, the biker gods were watching over you for sure! Congrats on the new ride and hope the rest of your experiences are much better!
Ride Safe and Have Fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered a new tire today. Decided to go with a Michelin city grip. I got it for 68.00 dollars. Next will be to order one piece of new Tupperware then a new cable release for the seat. Speaking of the seat, I learned that the butt rest is moveable I rode it most of the way home in the short position wonder how anyone could think this bike was comfortable, got it home and found a lever that moved it much closer to a good position and I only have a 31 inch inseam.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I have a 29 inch inseam, & I ride with the buttstop
all the way back. Actaully...buttstop converted
to a backrest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tough break...i'm a new rider and am getting used to the road and that's a big worry for me. Likes others said, the gods were looking out for you...it'll only get funner!!!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
You'll like the City Grips! I do.
The seat release cable is an extremely long cable that gets routed throughout the frame. You will definitely get to know your new ride installing it. ;) You might want to check out the quick release methods others have used to bypass the OEM cable. You should find a few threads with info and instructions with a quick search.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scootereno, I think you are the reason I went with the city grip. It'll be here today. I'm so excited to have the bike back in operating condition.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too have the City Grips on my 650' and i am very pleased with them, but this is my
first scooter, so i can't compare them to other scooter tires, but so far no problems with these.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well got the new back tire on today and went for a very short ride when I got a wobble in the front end. When I inspected it the tire was split half way around and so I ordered a new tire for the front. So I'm still on hold. Got another michelin city grip. I'm wanting to go on a long ride so badly I can't hardly stand it.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome! I hope your problems are at an end so you can enjoy your new ride. These are great scoots and very reliable! Ride safe!:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, my new front tire came in today. I am waiting on two new front wheel wheel bearings before changing it out. Plan on a camping ride this weekend. Hope it all comes in in time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts