Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..........finally got through all the prep stuff ( MSF, registration, ins, etc. ) and got to take the 650 out for the first time! Strange experience going from four wheels to two. I had to drive to the dealership to get a state inspection sticker. Of course he's located on a busy street in a small nearby city. It's amazing how quick you learn to pay attention to the cars around you! Wasn't a mile from my house while headed to the dealers when some lady in a Volvo decided that the proper way to make a right turn is from the far left lane. Hurray for the 4 second safety zone and the MSF !!!

I found the technique of steady throttle while apply brake pressure to work well in city stop and go. It really goes a long way towards reducing the effect of engine decel. Now I have to work on my low speed left hand 90's. I also have to watch the speed. The bike sure does seem to creep up on it's own! ( No fault of mine, of course! :roll:

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Great update Bill. Yup - it is sort of bizzare going from a car to the scoot isn't it? Good to see that you've encountered your first (of many) brain-dead drivers and were prepared.

Congratz on you first ride and I hope you have many many more to enjoy.

Stay carefull and good job,

vr,
Pete

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thanks for the update bill, keep those senses on full alert. :)
With all your gear on, you mite want to find a empty parking lot and try your slow speed turns and figure 8's.
IF you have to drop a bike a parking lot is a better place then the street. :(

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
GREAT to hear! :D
If you can imagine what might have happened had you not taken the safety course you can see why so many around here push taking it.
I'm GLAD to hear your ride went well! :)
Enjoy your new love! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts