Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:happy2:
Well tonight I took my first ride on the new seat. WoW what a difference. My Sister took about an inch off the top and 1/2 inch off the sides where it was thick. She had something to measure the thickness of the seat and she didn't cut the foam she sanded it down. Even though she trimmed it down she was able to keep the same shape. I felt no change in the comfort of the seat. I did enjoy being able to put my feet flat on the ground - knees bent a little when I stopped. Now I'm not so afraid of it. I'm 5'3" & 140 pounds so this is a huge bike for me. The Utopia back rest is wonderful!!!!!!!! Being so short I always had to have the butt rest (as I call it) in the far forward position. When you put the back rest on, the butt rest can not be moved any longer and it has to be all the way back to install it. I was worried about that but the Utopia back rest can be brought forward and angled any way you like. So with the butt rest all the way back and the Utopia back rest leaning forward a little I have a very comfortable ride now. Nothing like having something to lean back on while riding. And my seat is beautiful!!!!!!! My sister did a wonderful job on it.
This bike is big and I do great on the road. I have problems with parking lots. I hate parking this thing. Hard for me to back it in. It should be easier now with the seat lower. Going to go to the school this weekend and practice some more. I also have problems when stopping. I have to get out of the fear of dropping it. I had that fear that a lot when it took a lot of effort to reach the ground. Well, I did lay it down twice while just sitting on it. It started over to the left and I couldn't stop it so I held on and didn't let it hit the ground hard. Both times I didn't know how to pick it up and wow was that embarassing to wait for help. Now that I can pick it up by myself I haven't done that anymore and don't plan on it.
You can see pictures of my new seat here
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Ourwave
Betty
"SCQQTN"

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Betty,

Glad the new seat is riding as well as it looks. Your comments will be of assistance to some forum members that inquired about being comfortable riding the Burgman based on their height. Who knows, you might get your sister a lot of business from Burgman riders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billmeek said:
Betty,

Glad the new seat is riding as well as it looks. Your comments will be of assistance to some forum members that inquired about being comfortable riding the Burgman based on their height. Who knows, you might get your sister a lot of business from Burgman riders.
Yes a lot of women my size are afraid of the 650. The 400 would have been better for me since it's lighter and the seat is lower, but I didn't like it and I wanted the 650. It take some time to adjust to the size of the 650.
I just need to get out and ride it more now. and PRACTICE!!!!! My Daughter wants to ride with me. I won't let her till I have mastered the bike and have some miles of experience riding. I hope I can hold it up with her on it. I told her maybe by Spring she can ride with me.
Betty
"SCQQTN"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
captainfish said:
About how long did it take your sister to redo the seat? Then how long to redo the backrest?

thanks
We did the whole seat over the weekend. Utopia got the back rest to her house Thursday. I got there Friday afternoon and left Sunday afternoon. I don't know how many hours total because she worked on it off and on during my visit. I will ask her if she has an idea. Doing the diamond tuck took the longest. She made sure it was perfect - straight lines and all diamonds line up front of seat - back rest - back part of seat. You could draw a straight line from the front of the seat to the back. Yep she pays attention to fine detail. :)
Betty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts