Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful area but I gotta admit that the whitish road surface gives me a little butt pucker. :eek:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I've also gotten in a few nice January rides. Love WV, my son jumps off that bridge every year.

Reactions: FJTRoy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
With some of the things he jumps off, mom and dad are the ones who need the therapist!

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy

·
Registered
28 Posts
...fair skies & highs in the 40s wednesday. skipped work & took a 270m ride to new river gorge. suprisingly, didn't see another bike all day View attachment 97129 View attachment 97130 View attachment 97128 View attachment 97129 View attachment 97130
View attachment 97128
Your ride was in a favorite camping/riding/rapids rafting area. Very nice. My ride was a bit less comfortable, but at least the roads didn't have snow on them.

1/13/2022 the temperature is in high 30s, a dark gloom, roads are damp and the dry spots have salt crystalized on them. I didn't care, it was above freezing and I hadn't had a ride since the day before Christmas! Three layers of clothes below, check. Five layers of clothes above, check. Heavy gloves and grip heaters on high, check. My memory served me correctly about the 19g DR Pulley sliders. Zoom a zoom zoom! Plays hob with the gas mileage though. 40 miles riding and an hour later I had enough as I found I really needed another layer or two of warm and fuzzies.

About 10 miles from home the speedometer died and the dreaded FI light came on. I wondered if I would make it home and took what slight comfort it gave thinking about the AMA towing card in my pocket. Ten miles later the scooter and I are in the warm basement with no problems along the way. After a nap, research on BUSA, and supper I went back down into the man cave, got out tools, and got the soldering iron heating while I removed the plastic variator cover and fixed the broken wire. It had tangled up with the rear tire. My bad from servicing the variator. I neglected to hang the wires correctly.

A day of fun and activity was had and all is well and ready for next time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would never try to ride in those conditions. Funny how different our perspective can be from place to place. Living in Central Florida, I ride a lot more in the "winter" and the bike sits in the garage much more during the summer.

·
Registered
888 Posts
[
...i had to ride over glare white ice with the outriggers engaged :p
You have more chutpah than I (and, maybe, stronger legs, too).

My experience is that once my 600+ lbs. behemoth begins to tip a few degrees without my direction, then she's going to end up on her side no matter what I do. She's just too damned heavy for me to hold up when she really wants to lie down. One slip on that glare ice and it's a done deal; there's just no stopping her.

Reactions: FJTRoy

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Probably more of a psychological crutch...if you start tipping, your feet are not going to get any more purchase on ice than the tires.

Reactions: FJTRoy and dogboy

·
Registered
241 Posts
40's sound way to cold for me. Cold front came in yesterday and got down to 56 F; I decided I would wait for a warmer day to ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts