Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Burgy in March and finally got 1000 miles on it around home this summer. We always go on a laborday weekend ride with friends on the Roadstar but the wife was having back problems and didn't want to go. So I thought it would be a good time to try the burgy on a trip. Put 275 miles on the first day in WVa and Va and 241 miles the 2nd to get back home. My friends on the Harley Ultra and the Goldwing thought I was crazy at first but was surprised that they could never leave me in their dust. The bike handled those mountains just fine and I was surprised at how comfortable it was. I'm sure that I would have been more tired and sore had I been on the Roadstar. And btw,the roadstar has only been out of the garage once this summer since I got the burgy. At 61 yrs old I am luving this scoot> Don

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I got the Burgy in March and finally got 1000 miles on it around home this summer. We always go on a laborday weekend ride with friends on the Roadstar but the wife was having back problems and didn't want to go. So I thought it would be a good time to try the burgy on a trip. Put 275 miles on the first day in WVa and Va and 241 miles the 2nd to get back home. My friends on the Harley Ultra and the Goldwing thought I was crazy at first but was surprised that they could never leave me in their dust. The bike handled those mountains just fine and I was surprised at how comfortable it was. I'm sure that I would have been more tired and sore had I been on the Roadstar. And btw,the roadstar has only been out of the garage once this summer since I got the burgy. At 61 yrs old I am luving this scoot> Don
Don........Sounds just like me.....not with all that mileage but I have an'08 400 for 4 years now and a GL1800 Goldwing...at 71 yo I too am lovin' the Burgy and the last time I rode my Wing was.........Ahhh!!! Hmmmm..! maybe 2 weeks ago...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome!!!! After a few "real" motorcycles, I found my way back to a 400 (had a new one in 2005) and now a 2011. Nothing else compares to the Burgman!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don in Pa good to hear ,, Awesome.. Bought mine used first wk in July and have just over a 1000 miles on mine. The other day left Bruceton , to Kingwood , Terra Alta, Oakland, Accident Md, Friendsville,Md and then back home just under a 100 miles. About once or twice a week I will ride to Morgantown . Usually Wed or Thursday or some weeks will ride over to Westover.
Just wondering what color is your 400 .. Mine is Blue or Purple what ever it was called in 05.
Night I bought mine in Frostburg Md riding home , looked down and seen 92 , still in Md (65) but I was going with the flow of traffic. I did slow down still kept running 80 and being passed . But like you ran the mountains with no problems and still average 57-62 mpg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ET, mine is a dark grey color, I wanted a white one but they were out of stock when I got it. I averaged about 60 mpg on that trip with the highest I saw was 65.5........I live about 6 or 8 miles from Westover,we'll have to hook up sometime. I know your area well,have worked and rode there for years. Oh!!!, we ate at the Hen House in Frostburg on that trip, ever been there? Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don in Pa ,,, yep very good food at the Hen House. Park and Dine in Hancock is some good food also can't remember name of dinner in middle of Hancock but they also have very good food. Coming further west on old 40 past the Yough Dam stop at Curts Rest some of the largest home made rolls you will find and home made pies.
Had several friends , a boss and wifes aunt lives near Mt Morris. Brad Fletcher ,no longer living was my boss at the phone company. Ken, Ron , Paul not giving last names all worked for the phone company. Won't give last names but if you think you know them or would like to know email mail and I'll give you more info. For hooking up that would be OK. I'm in and out of the Adv store at the WO exit on Mon and Tues.. 730--2pm at the latest.
I bought my Burgman across from the high school in Frostburg. The fellow owns the pizza shop so we had pizza that evening. Instead of hopping on the interstate rode old RT40 to the Lower Germany exit then got on the interstate to the Bruceton exit then 4 miles to the house.
I worked Allegany and Garrett county , Mon , Marion, Preston , Keyser and Northern WV down to New Martinville off and on for 30+ yrs when working for the phone co. Plus our daughter and son in law lived in Martinsburg area for close to 15 yrs .I have traveled I68 or 48 before named I68 and old 40 most of my life. Plus for the phone co would go to Silver Spring and surrounding area for to many weeks of class room training. Next trip that way is 3rd of Oct for Fall Carlise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts