Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over 50,000 km on two 650s and first stumble ( aside from a dead battery )

Left the bike in the driveway over night by accident - warm day - sitting in the sun - expected immediate fire up.....turned over, popped a bit but no start.

Turned it off.....checked everything - it had run fine yesterday and on the long loop of 550 KM the day before.

Turned is over with the throttle cracked a bit and finally coughed and caught.

Let it run for a minute ....smoooth - no warning lights.

I figure I picked up some iffy gas in cottage country - some water in it and sitting overnight it settled in the fuel and some went through the injectors. Also the the tank was only 2 bars on it so might have been some condensation.

Rode away and another 10 km it stumbled a bit - poor throttle - sure felt like water....then ran smooth again.
Dropped into the nearest service station and topped off with premium (figured there might be a useful additive in there ) and it ran fine up to my local watering hole.

Bike had fine power except for that one stumble and that was flat road not under acceleration...just coughed a bit and lost some power then was fine.

Any thoughts? The machines have been sooooooo reilable just was a surprise.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sure could be bad gas. If it was bad enough, it may still act up even with topping it off with fresh gas. How many miles did you get trouble free after your fill up? I would think if you ride it again the next day without problems you would be safe

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put on 70 km after the top up and not a hiccup.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
That happened to me last week. Did 110 miles today and no problem. Just a hicough. Buffalo said they happen. No big deal. :)

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Eating at cheap roadside Taco stands will do it every time. BAD GAS I think is the answer.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe - have to have a word with the burger.... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts