Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first group ride with the GWRRA chapter my husband and I belong too. I was the only scooter with all those wings. I kept right up there with them no problems. It was a great ride. We left at 7:30 this morning and put 165 miles on by the time we got home at 12:00 noon. We left early enough it wasn't hot yet. Great Day!!! Now I have 658 total miles and it is time for the first service.
Got quotes of $268.00 plus parts from the dealer we bought it from, another quoted $318.00 plus parts. :sad2: My husband said he can take care of it himself. I told him to wait until Monday so I can ride again tomorrow!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
khelton said:
...Now I have 658 total miles and it is time for the first service. Got quotes of $268.00 plus parts from the dealer we bought it from, another quoted $318.00 plus parts. My husband said he can take care of it himself...
The first service is an important one. There are lots of nuts and bolts that need to be tightened, etc. It's not just an oil change.

If your husband is a good mechanic that's great. If not, then a service at a good dealership is a good investment.

BTW, my first service at the dealer where I bought my 650 was $173 IIR. (Not at home, so don't have the invoice in front of me.)

·
Registered
822 Posts
My first service was $160 total. I knew the dealer was going to charge upwards of $200 so I purchased the service manual and now, for each time I need any servicing, I simply take the bike and the service manual to my local motorcycle mechanic! It helps the little, independent guys and is much easier on the checkbook. Not to mention the personal attention and extras you get.

- Chuck

·
Registered
239 Posts
chuck807 said:
My first service was $160 total. I knew the dealer was going to charge upwards of $200 so I purchased the service manual and now, for each time I need any servicing, I simply take the bike and the service manual to my local motorcycle mechanic! It helps the little, independent guys and is much easier on the checkbook. Not to mention the personal attention and extras you get.

- Chuck
Anyone know where I can purchase the service manual for the 400?

·
Registered
822 Posts
BobG said:
chuck807 said:

- Chuck
Anyone know where I can purchase the service manual for the 400?
You can order it from oneidasuzuki.com at:

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/xcar ... 559&page=2

- Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts