Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or "Things I Learned about/Experiences I've had while on my Burgman"

1. Bugs are not nice. I have a FF helmet. During the early evening yesterday, I forgot to put my face shield down after a stop and right away I noticed a tickle in my left ear. I shook my head. Tickle, tickle, shake, shake. Still there. It didn't stop. It was definitely buzzing. Images of a fly crawling into my inner ear and getting lost filled my brain....Invasion of the Body Snatchers?! Don't panic! Check mirror, turn on signal, shoulder check, pull over, cancel signal, put side-stand down, remove gloves, remove helmet--whew!

Definitely a new experience for me :D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Dat's whatcha get for going for the 'cool' look of a chopped windscreen... :D

(they need to make a smilie with bugs in his teeth)

Could be dangerous, though, because it could be a bee. There's a guy who made a great site about motorcycle touring,

http://www.visi.com/~dalebor/

and he has a story about catching a wasp in the bandana around his neck. Stung him a few times before he stopped.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Aw - it's just part of the experience. I guess ya outta just remember to put the shield down. I've had something crawling around my helmet after I've put it on from inside the house and didnt notice it till about 2 miles away. ARG! - It's annoying isn't it!? Yes I have an itty bitty gnat or insect here or there inside my bachelor pad... :) :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts