Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It was 36 degrees F when I left home on the 650 this morning. I was cozy warm in my Gerbing electric jacket liner and gloves. This time of year, I think that gear is worth every penny it cost. I rolled past the 12000 mile point on my odometer just before returning home. Bright sunny morning - beautiful ride.

For whoever asked previously, I think it was Lycheed, the Pirelli radial tires are doing quite well in the cooler temps. They still are much more compliant than the Bridgestones were, giving a much improved ride, and grip the road just fine. I've got 6700 miles on the rear tire now and it is still in good shape (I replaced the rear Bridgestone at 5300 miles).

· Premium Member
1,589 Posts
When I left home at 7AM today the weather was 50 degrees and cloudy. The weatherman promised it would improve later with the slight chance for scattered showers with the passing of a cold front late afternoon. So, after I met my buddies for breakfast (after a 40 mile trip), one of my friends asked me to take a ride to a dealer about 20 miles from my home so he could see a new Wing he was interested in. Why not, the weather shouldn't be a problem. Right?
We left the dealer's shop about 1PM (after he bought a beautiful grey '05 Wing). A short distance from the shop the wind started to blow and very soon it started to rain. And I mean RAIN! Then it quickly mixed with hail. I ended up riding about 15 miles in a mixture of hail and rain along with thunder and lightning. Thank God for my full-face and Clearview XXL.
By the time I got home the temp was about 45 degrees and falling. I'm sure glad I've got an appointment with a local Gerbing dealer this Tuesday. There's no doubt now about replacing my old worn out Widders vest and gloves. Boy, how I do love this season. :D

· Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Just a quick up-date on my last post (above). I saw Sat. night on local and national TV the coverage about a massive accident and traffic jam on I-95 in Whitemarsh. MD involving close to 100 vehicles and a lot of injuries. It was reportedly caused by sun glare off of the hail covered road surface after a rain/hail storm.
That was the same storm that I had ridden through a short time earlier near my home in PA. Whitemarsh, MD is where I had met my friends for our weekly breakfast that morning. Boy, I guess I was lucky that I only got wet. :D

Don

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.