Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,589 Posts
BobG and I met for breakfast yesterday morning at 8:30 AM. near his home in BelAir, MD. After breakfast we took a ride thru parts of MD and PA. It was cloudy and the temps were in the mid-40s to about 50 but it was a great ride.
Even though it was not the best weather for a ride, that cool air and the start of the Fall colors in our area really was invigorating. To me, this time of the year is the best time to ride. I'll put more miles on my Burgman in the next 3 months than during any other season. Spring is nice, Winter can be iffy and Summer around here is just too hot and humid. Fall (even when it gets down around freezing) is my kind of riding weather! :lol:
Don

· Premium Member
1,589 Posts
When I left home at 7AM today the weather was 50 degrees and cloudy. The weatherman promised it would improve later with the slight chance for scattered showers with the passing of a cold front late afternoon. So, after I met my buddies for breakfast (after a 40 mile trip), one of my friends asked me to take a ride to a dealer about 20 miles from my home so he could see a new Wing he was interested in. Why not, the weather shouldn't be a problem. Right?
We left the dealer's shop about 1PM (after he bought a beautiful grey '05 Wing). A short distance from the shop the wind started to blow and very soon it started to rain. And I mean RAIN! Then it quickly mixed with hail. I ended up riding about 15 miles in a mixture of hail and rain along with thunder and lightning. Thank God for my full-face and Clearview XXL.
By the time I got home the temp was about 45 degrees and falling. I'm sure glad I've got an appointment with a local Gerbing dealer this Tuesday. There's no doubt now about replacing my old worn out Widders vest and gloves. Boy, how I do love this season. :D

· Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Just a quick up-date on my last post (above). I saw Sat. night on local and national TV the coverage about a massive accident and traffic jam on I-95 in Whitemarsh. MD involving close to 100 vehicles and a lot of injuries. It was reportedly caused by sun glare off of the hail covered road surface after a rain/hail storm.
That was the same storm that I had ridden through a short time earlier near my home in PA. Whitemarsh, MD is where I had met my friends for our weekly breakfast that morning. Boy, I guess I was lucky that I only got wet. :D

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.