Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,322 Posts
JJJJJUUUSSSSTTTt gggottt innnnnn thissssss mooorrning frommm rideee!! It was 4*C this morning. It really wasnt that bad but I never hit the open highway though. I didnt wear my long johns but put them on the priority list of things to unpack this morning. I'm on midnight shift this week and will be commutting in these temps all week. Sort of depressing thinking that the season is coming to an end. On the brighter side it looks like I will get a full season on the OEM tires. 16000 kms and counting. I'm just going to have to exercise more caution with the colder road conditions along with the old almost used up tires.

· Registered
3,322 Posts
lycheed said:
Allwalk, how in god's name di you manage to get 16000kms out of your stock tyres? I could only got 8500kms before it started to feel like a workout turning the thing through the numerous winding roads here due to the flat spot in the centre of the rear tyre.
:dontknow: Just lucky I guess! You're right about the solo riding. I say 90% of my time is solo, how ever I kept the tires inflated for 2 up riding.
Don't get me wrong.....I have a nice flat spot on the rear as well. I found on some corners it feels like I'm riding on the edge of where the flat area ends. I found that if I ride more agressively now in the corners I lean the bike over farther to the area beyond the flat part and all is good. The front looks like the wear is more proportional over the full width . I can't notice really any cupping or flat areas there. Regardless of how the front looks though at the end of the season I will be putting on 2 fresh Pirellis for the spring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.