Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
,..at 14,700 miles.

I'm a bit obsessive about giving the CVT on my 2003 650 every advantage, so I decided to clean its filter this morning.

All in all, it was a waste of time.

There was just a hint of dust around the edges of the filter, but nothing which would impede the flow of air.

I used one of those sticky lint rollers to remove what little was there and reinstalled it.

Anyway,...my opinion is, unless you've been operating your Burgman in extremely dusty conditions, There's no reason to obsess about the condition of the CVT filter.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I've bought a used '06 that had 23K mi on it which had a fair amount of hair in it. I used the house vacuum with the bristle brush attachment gently to clean it out and it worked quite well. On a side note while I was working on pulling the CVT on my '03 I seem to have torn the foam in the filter, darn. Ok replaced with a new one I bought some time ago.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've bought a used '06 that had 23K mi on it which had a fair amount of hair in it. I used the house vacuum with the bristle brush attachment gently to clean it out and it worked quite well. On a side note while I was working on pulling the CVT on my '03 I seem to have torn the foam in the filter, darn. Ok replaced with a new one I bought some time ago.
I also just bought a 2006 with about 22,000 miles on it and have changed everything (plugs, coolant, engine oil, tranny oil, final drive oil. I have not changed the air filter yet nor the CVT filter. The Air filter is dirty and will get changed very soon. Plan on taking a look at the CVT filter soon also. Thanks for the reminder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts