Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all:

Finally did the first service. Cost $140 at my local Suzuki dealer in Lancaster, CA.

I bought the bike July 11, 2004. It took 3 months to reach 600 miles. I started very slowly--I'm a brand new rider! Now, I ride virtually every day--including to and from work.

With the great pic's on this website and the factory service manual in hand, I'll try the next service myself.

Regards, Jay Jacobson

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm supposed to pick up my 650 from a dealer today after a 4,000 mile service. I hope his price is something like your's for the 600 mile job. I would really like to do all the work myself as well, but with some of that stuff I wonder if it would be just more trouble than it's worth. I guess I won't be wondering after I see what it costs me today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
650 SERVICE

Hey JK,

The factory service manual and posters on this website would suggest that routine service is fairly simple.

I started out working as an auto tech over 20 years ago. While I no longer make my living doing this, I continue to do routine maintenance on my vehicles. Have no clue if this would be applicable to M/C's, however. I'll let you know!

Be safe! Jay Jacobson

·
Registered
137 Posts
$94 for my 4,000 service. I was very happy with that and I felt it was worth my money. A way better price than what I've been seeing on this forum and I got a detailed run down of what they did ta-boot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
650 sighting

Hey Russ,

No, I was not on highway 14. I was riding N/B on Sierra Highway, in a heavy rainstorm--for the first time--VERY, VERY SLOWLY!! It was ugly! Think I'll check the forecast next time!

I've never seen any other AN's, of any description, anywhere. Glad to hear it!

Be safe! Jay Jacobson

Russ Schaeffer said:
Jay,

I saw 2 scooters on Hwy 14 North yesterday (Sunday Oct 17th), was that you?

Thanx
Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts