Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you people think; should I go with my bank or with Suzuki to finance my upcoming purchase of a Burgman. I'll have a considerable amount for down payment so what I'll owe will be less.

Just wondering what your experiences and tips are.

I'm a very big newbie when it comes to acquiring a new vehicle. :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Halshak!
When I purchased my Burg Suzuki were offering a 4.8% rate. They actually finance using the Laurentian Bank of Canada. I went with them because no 1 else was offering rates that low. So I suggest you check out what the interest rates are with any institution you deal with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Financing

Many interest calculators on the net. Figure the rate and term, and the method used for calculation, go with the one that saves you the most. Credit unions are the best.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Right now (mid-Feb. 2004), don't expect any good financing deals from Suzuki. Just scored two Burg 400s, and the best thing Suzuki Finance had going was nearly 10 percent interest for 48 months! Gaaah! Quickly, to my friendly local bank!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Finance what's that, I paid cash. I have no desire to give the bank any more money on a loan, maybe if it was 0% I would.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Right now Suzuki Canada is offering 4.8% for two years of financing for bikes purchased before the end of April/04. However there are a couple of catches. The minimum amoratization they will accept is 36 months. This means at the end of the first 2 years your loan will go to whatever the current interest rate is or you can buy out the remaining cost of the bike - around 60% of it's purchase price. In addition there are 'finance' charges that get tacked onto the loan - around $300 I believe. My Suzuki dealer wasn't even recommending I take it - shop around and get a better deal elsewhere was his recommendation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finance

I put my 650 on a credit card 0% for one year. Granted my payments are about $600 a month but I figured it was "free" money. Besides there is something special about paying the bike off in a year or less.

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts