1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

BIG PHOTO: http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20L ... 8B7C1.ashx

Here's the info, straight from Suzuki:

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20L ... N400A.aspx

"Redesign," huh? Looks like new paint and some bloo plastic. Actually, not new paint ... Suzuki has apparently decided to trim its color choices to ONE by simply combining the two old BORING AS HELL colors into ONE, two-tone color scheme! LOL! :roll: (Actually, take a look at the huge pic ... it does appear they've cut costs. The bottom "black" half appears to be unpainted black tupperware ...)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 400 page at suzuki.co.jp shows keyless entry for our Japanese buddies. *And* you can use the remote thingy to lock/unlock the front glovebox, rear storage and fuel door, and to lock the handlebars. It even does a confirmation double-flash with the hazards. Dang, the Japs always get the fun accessories.

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/an400zal2/detail3.html

Open it in Google Chrome and it'll do a pretty good translation (it asks if you want the page translated at the top of the page window). There's some interesting stuff on this page too:

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/an400sal2/detail1.html

I wish they'd post this kind of stuff on the Suzuki NA pages -- I like reading about the tech stuff.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
No, of course this is not the redesign :) Patience, folks -- not time yet and it's rather a good sign. There could be new features for the 650 though, which original site shows. But 400 is considered unchanged there.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The USA model will have side reflectors somewhere...
per Fed. Motorvehicle Safety Standards.... :?

·
Registered
739 Posts
a few days ago as I walked out to my 650. I was thinking how much I miss the remote control to open the seat on my MP3 500 that I used to have and wondering why Suzuki doesn't add some of that functionality.. very convenient..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Suzuki has lost their minds!!! $7,900!!! Seems like the only thing that's been elevated is Suzuki's greed. The price increase from 2011 to 2012 was $100. How do they justify a $300 price increase for 2013?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
WTF does "keyless entry" have to do with a scooter/bike? How would any rational human being even explain such a thing?

As for the basic 2013 model, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.". Seems Suzi' may have learned that from the '07 changes...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
cliffyk said:
Seems Suzi' may have learned that from the '07 changes...
:scratch: does this mean '07 is preferable to '11?

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
cliffyk said:
WTF does "keyless entry" have to do with a scooter/bike? How would any rational human being even explain such a thing?
I about swallowed my tongue at that one...

A big +1 here. :thumbup:

Funny, I hear George Carlins voice when I read your quoted text.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
sube5186 said:
Suzuki has lost their minds!!! $7,900!!! Seems like the only thing that's been elevated is Suzuki's greed. The price increase from 2011 to 2012 was $100. How do they justify a $300 price increase for 2013?
I don't think that Suzuki has lost their minds........!!!!!!! The Japanese Yen has been increasing in value VS the US Dollar for years now.!! I can remember in the late 60's when $1.00 purchased 365 Japanese Yen. $1.00 now purchases about 78 Yen......!! AND if Ben Bernanke keeps printing 40 BILLION dollars every month - before you know it - the US dollar will be worth close to ZERO........

FYI - the 2007 Burgman 400 sold for $5899.00 and the 2012 model sells for $7599.00.............. :x :x

Attachments

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
...FYI - the 2007 Burgman 400 sold for $5899.00 and the 2012 model sells for $7599.00.............. :x :x
A little over one year ago, I bought a brand new, out of the crate, 2008 Burgman 400 for $3995, plus tax and license. If you bought a new 2011 at the same time and paid the shipping and assembly fees they didn't charge me, you'd have paid double the price. The difference? ABS and a duct for the CVT. Oh...and the color. It just wasn't worth $4000 for that to me. (That deal was too sweet to pass up, and is the only reason I sold my 2007 400 with 49,000 miles for just a few hundred less.)

Unless someone really wanted ABS, I'd be looking at a lightly used 400 from 2007 and on, and get virtually the same bike...for half the cost.

Chris

·
Registered
338 Posts
If $7900 is the retail US price----they won't be selling many. I got my left over 2011 end of Jan. 2012 @$6500....still high.

Burgman needs #1 better air management---get rid of buffeting# 2 no adjust valves #3 rigid engine mount#4 50,000 mile drive belt #5 Quick detach wheels.

Redesign coming...maybe. As I try to get a new bike/scooter each year,, Burgman 400 will not be on my horizon for 2013.

·
Registered
280 Posts
sube5186 said:

They can justify it quiet easily.
If the American economy was not propped up by the continual printing of trillions of dollars of your funny money that has nothing to back it up except your big nuclear stick, countries that export to the USA would not have to keep raising their prices. Its that simple.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Duster said:
The USA model will have side reflectors somewhere...
per Fed. Motorvehicle Safety Standards.... :?
Well well the Americans have caught up with Europe and Australia we have had these indicators for years and on my burgie 2007 they are fitted to the fairings either side of the glove compartment . very visible at night i must say.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I ride at night. I can't imagine taking those off to be even more invisible to the traffic around me.

Chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
The truth is, a couple of years ago the 400 Burgman was Top Dog and reasonable value. Now it is neither.

Geoff.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
So is this 2013 400 in stores now?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
macamxthe1st said:
The truth is, a couple of years ago the 400 Burgman was Top Dog and reasonable value. Now it is neither.
And who is the one right now, beemer, aprilia, sw? I don't believe companies will continue making quality stuff because current u.s. policy strongly discourages from that. Everyone who's not stupid nowadays is making money, not products. Welcome to the greed :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts