Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the first time I've got 50 mpg on one of my B650's:D

I guess it's not much to shout about but I'm happy! This last tank was mostly used at 55-60 mph on beautiful country roads with very few stops though.;)

Sam:cool:

·
Registered
175 Posts
o_O I get 50mpg even when riding my bike hard. Have had it up to 55mpg a few years back when I was a little less aggressive with it.

It is nice though to think that even riding just to ride I save over 800 in fuel just from commuting over the summer.

And no it's not too much to be happy that you are saving and enjoying yourself at the same time :D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Your last sentence tells it all. Stop and go and speeds over 60 will bring your mileage down quick.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Quite a difference between the 2012 and earlier, and the 2013 and later.

My average for the first 3700 miles on my 2013 is 58.4 mpg. And I ain't babyin' it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
That's awesome mileage Yoda. Anything you've done to increase it? I drive a good 50+ miles straight at about 75-85 on the highway and I've topped at about 53. I'm thriving for the 60mpg mark. I know the 400 has the sliders and different things to get the mpg up but not sure on the 650. And Porky, it took me a bit of learning the 650 and how it rides to get 50 mpg. And not touching the power button is hard lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:DWell, this is my 4th B650 but now, at this point in life most of my riding is just stop and go, beautifully rolling country roads. I really haven't done the full tank to empty, Interstate drone in a long time on a scooter. I just sold my new 2012 Goldwing and that was my long distance mount.

My 2013 Kymco Xciting 500RI ABS can easily exceed 50+ mpg.

I had a new 2008 Volkswagen beetle that could get 50 mpg under the right conditions.

Yoda---you're still kickin';) I was in ALBQ last September.

Sam:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts