Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife's transmission went on her car and we are waiting for 7 days on the repair shop to have it fixed. I guess cabin fever hit her because when I asked her if she wanted to go out to eat she said yes. So I gave her a helmet and said let's go. She thought twice but put it on and we rode to Longhorns for steaks! When we got back she stated that it was fun and she wouldn't mind doing it again Saturday night too. WOW I was surprised! It has been 3 years since she was on the scoot and swore to never ride on it again. We had got caught in a pop up thunderstorm and she freaked out bad trying to counter lean the whole time it rained.
So if you want your wife or partner to ride with you try breaking their other means of transportation and see what transpires.....:cool:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Shucks, my wife vowed to not ride my scoot when I bought my '04. She soon realized she missed out of a chunk of my life while I went off riding so decided a couple times to ride along. Then the crash. When I insisted on getting another one and bought my '12 she insisted she had to have a ride the day I bought it. One of her first comments on the ride was, "I'm not sure who is happier to have another scoot, you or I".

Now her '08 Mustang sits in the garage while we go shopping, running errands, etc. We do lots of 2up riding while our other vehicles sit. If she doesn't get a ride for several days, she comes up with an excuse, somewhere we need to go together just so we can ride. We both like it that way.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My wife had pretty much stopped riding with me a couple of years ago. Said my bike wasn't comfortable enough. I insisted that she go sit on the Burgman 650 I was looking at before I bought it. Brought it home after she said it was pretty comfortable. Now it is rare that I get the bike out that she isn't ready, helmet on head for a ride. She loves it she says. With us both retired, it works out good as she is not just sitting at home while I am out riding and feeling guilty.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Wife & I have an agreement. I don't ride on the back of her horse, she doesn't ride on the back of my Burgman. :D Were both happy with it that way. ;)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I used to enjoy riding two-up with my wife but, the pillion seat didn't suit her well and she didn't like the full air stream to the head. Now, well heck, I still get to enjoy riding with her...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife will never ride her own scoot unless it was triked. Heck she wrecks on bicycles without training wheels. :(

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My wife will never ride her own scoot unless it was triked. Heck she wrecks on bicycles without training wheels. :(
Yeah...I see your point. Dena did have a difficult learning curve and now, her bike is part duct tape. She's eventually learned to avoid (most) mistakes :pottytrain5:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
We never thought it would happen (and with an initial little twinge of regret on my part), but we discovered my wife absolutely loves to ride pillion. Because of this, it has opened up an entire new world of long distance, multi-day touring. Every ride is a new adventure as we seek out back roads, little remote towns, National Parks, out-of-the-way diners and unique B&B's to stay in. California lays out before us and we take full advantage. It really has been life changing for us in the best possible way.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah...I see your point. Dena did have a difficult learning curve and now, her bike is part duct tape. She's eventually learned to avoid (most) mistakes :pottytrain5:
My wife has dropped her bike a few times, especially at first. It's dark grey so a soft pencil and coat of Pledge helps hide the scratches. The first time was traumatic. Now it's just one of those things that happens, rarely now.

It's worth it, though. She has become a very good rider now. Riding pairs through the mountains is our favourite thing to do for a holiday. We've averaged 10,000 km each year since we got our Burgmans in 2009.

Ride safe
Scott Fraser

1 - 11 of 11 Posts