Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Finally got a Burgman

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  ScootCMA 
#1 ·
Hello: John Talbert here from Livingston, TN. Been a member of this site since 08 but have been riding a Majesty for the last 36,000 miles but I finally bought a 2008 Burgman 650 Exec with 3930 miles on it. I had to drive 600 miles round trip to pick it up but it is now in the garage. Bike has been sitting in garages and in storage for a most of its life, lots of garage rash on it. The owner I bought it from has only had it since last summer and only put 700 miles on it. After test riding it in the freezing weather I asked him how much air pressure was in the tire cause the handling was sluggish, he said, "don't know, never checked it". Upon getting home I checked and the front was 7 PSI and the rear 9!! New tires front and back, oil, cooling and brake fluid to be changed. I have to assume the bike has maybe only had the 600 mile oil change done to it and that's it. I have already spent hours on Le Dude's website and imagine that I will be reading it more in the future. I plan on doing several of the upgrades that I found there.

#3 ·
Welcome, John! And congrats on your Burgman! I got my 2007 Exe 6 months ago in much the same way except I bought it from a man that had inherited from his dad and he did not ride it. Only had 3500 miles on it but has more than double that on it now. I sure enjoy it.

And back when I used to live in Lebanon Tennessee one of my favorite rides was over to Livingston for a milkshake at the Dairy Queen there before turning around and heading back home. I rode a PC800 Honda then and still have it but the Burgman gets ridden more these days.

I think that you will find this place a good place to hang out. Good bunch of people and a lot of knowledge to be shared. That's hard to beat right there.

#5 ·
Congratulations and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

I too purchased one of these garaged specials, only 3300 miles in 8 years. But rest assured they run like a top, even if not exercised regularly. I've doubled the milage in just a few months, even though I still commute on my old bike.

You will love the 650. Enjoy your wrenching and riding.

#6 ·
Congrats on the 650. I went from a Majesty to the Burgman. I still have the Majesty and think I'll keep it so my brokeass brother can come along on rides with me. Seems there is little resale market around here for scooters. Quads and dual sports are the thing. Thats ok since it was that fact that got me my near mint 650 with under 4k on the clock for $5000 out the door. The 650 is an awesome machine. The Majesty is like a model T by comparison.

#7 ·
Congrats and welcome.
Get some decent rubber ( I like Metzlers for the twisties ) and get acquainted with that Power button in the twists....a whole new world.

Enjoy ....great machines.

#9 ·
Welcome John
Once you get some new rubber on it & the weather gets nicer your going to love the 650.!

#10 ·
Hubby loves his burgman, has the 2012 executive, has had many bikes in the past but this one tops them all, tho it has a fairly new tow pac unit on it, he has it up for sale, going for the motortrike "breeze" trike kit.......Hope you'll have many safe and enjoyable miles on yours

#11 ·
I purchased my 2007 with 3200 miles on it in October 2013 just about the way you did, owned had no clue about things. When I asked about how the transmission shifts manually, he said that's it's an automatic and you don't shift it, another clue he didn't know much about it. Anyway the scooter was in perfect order and not a scratch on it, so I bought it. I guess the moral of this is, that there are a lot of scooter in garages that are not ridden and their owner do have much of a clue about them. This website will prove to be different, there are many informed posters here that ride and are very knowledgeable. Good Luck with your new ride.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.