Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I been reading the charge post and I do not understand why my phone will not charge. I have a low profile usb adapter and plugged my phone in and nothing. Can something tell me what else I might need to do?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well, first try something else in the power outlet, see if its working. A GPS or something. Then try a different cord, then a different charger. Or try the charger and cord in your car, make sure they work together. process of elimination.

Also make sure the bike is on, the power outlet is switched to the ignition.

I just had to replace a USB adapter that worked for months. They do go out periodically.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
First off do the basics and test that you have 12 volts DC from the accessory socket, with your trusty multi-meter. Remembering that the accessory socket is on a switched feed so the ignition switch must be at the run position.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Change the bike... just kidding ;-)

Some car charger USB cables are too shallow and would not reach the contact point of the cigarette lighter socket. Make sure you have deep enough car charger. I used a flat head car charger with USB adaptor (USB cable removable). Tight (only in the beginning) to closing the glove box door but works well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Folks, I did not know where else to post this. But since this forum is discussing the power outlet. The stock outlet in the 650 Exec 2012 is for the birds. It leaves no room to plug in a standard mobile phone power adapter. Forget about plugging in two devices.

Will this be about completely wiring that outlet to another position inside/outside the box?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts