Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to two wheel vehicles although I've had a motorcycle license for a long time. I just happened to make my way the the CHP course here in California and then passed the written test so viola...I have a license. I did that about six years ago when I first saw a Burgman 650 in northern california and thought it would be the solution to $5.00/gal gas. Well the math didn't work out because I was in northern california where there's terrible rain and wind half the year. Now I'm back in Southern California and just happen to come accross a used 2007 burgamn 650 with 7400 miles on it. I couldn't say no. So now, I'm getting used to the bike and have added almost 250 miles in the first month. I'm getting used to it on the streets before I hit the freeway and I'm working on my upgrades and i'm always open to suggestions. I'm getting ready to get install the RAM Brake resivoir GPS holder. Can't wait for that.

Either way...I'm long winded and will work on it...I just like to share and I'm glad to be in the community...thanks for being there!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy it - I am enjoying my Burgman 400 a lot

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I got my first scooter in 1963 when I was in high school. It saved me both gas and money because the total cost to get on the road was $22. I sold it after one summer and didn't get a motorcycle until 1975. I used the saving gas excuse several times to justify several of my purchases. They may save gas but they no longer save money by the time all expenses are taken into account. I don't care. I'm not trying to save money, I'm having fun.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from another So. Cal rider out in the desert around Palm Springs.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome and Congratz.
But if you are buying a bike to save gas you might be disappointed.
If you ride subsitute miles that would have been done in your gas guzzlin truck you may be successful. Most of us invent new excuses every day to ride new and extra miles we would never have done in the truck!:p

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Living in Sunny FL (I'm beginning to think I live in Seatle or the UK only hotter and humider), I figure I break even riding a scooter while owning a dormant car. I figure it costs me around $1200 a year to save roughly $2800 in commuting gas. The $1600 difference just about covers the cost of my 400.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your 650.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts