Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the day has finally come.

I will be filling out the paper work for my new 2005 Burgman 650 today after work.

Last Friday I was finally able to sit on one.
I've been only looking at photos of it, and reading about it for almost a year.
I've read about how big it is compared to my Honda Reflex, but I did not realy understand how big till I was sitting on it.
I have an oversized Laptop Back pack and it fits inside the under seat boot!
OMG! I'm sold!
I have been struggling with the idea of buying a regular motorcycle so I’ve read about and sat on other motorcycles like V-Storm 650, Kawasaki Concours, and a couple of cursers. They all don’t compare to the feeling I get when I sat on the Burgman.
I felt so much better on the Burgman to my surprise.
The Burgman made me feel like I was inside a motorcycle and not draped over one.
My co-workers that ride a motorcycle (Suzuki Hayabusa, Harley Davidson, etc.) where encouraging me to buy a regular MC, but I guess I’m just sold on the practicality of a Mega-Scooter. :D

Bert
Milpitas, CA
(80+miles daily freeway commuter, 5030+miles Red 2004 Reflex)
(Mods: Un-K-moded(@ 2000miles), Utopia Back-rest, Givi 210 Windshield
& E460 Red Topbox, Universal Vista MC Cruise Control, SuperWings, Tank Bag)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats. I think you will enjoy your highway experiences a little more on the Burgman. Let us know what you think once you take delivery of your new beast.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Bert,

I just sold my V-Strom DL1000. I just wasn't riding it half as much as my Burgman 650. Prior to that, I put 60,000 miles on a Kawasaki Concours. Both of those are very good motorcycles. But I find the AN650 to be more versatile, cheaper to insure, and just as much fun to ride. As long as they make super scooters, I probably won't go back to a motorcycle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts