Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I traded my 2003 Honda Silver Wing in for a 2004 Burgman 650. I really enjoyed the Silver Wing, but I have to say, the Burgman is a better bike in many ways. The weight and the steering of the Burgman feels much more like a motorcycle than the Silver Wing did. It has a much more solid feel on the road. With my Burgman 650 sitting in my garage next to my Honda GL1800, the Burgman even looks like a smaller version of the Goldwing. I may now end up riding the Burgman 650 more than my GL1800. I am looking forward to sharing information on this forum with my fellow Burgman enthusiasts. This is a great forum.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good show, hondaguy.

Looking forward to more impressions.

Steve

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well done Hondaman, I get my 650 next week having sold my 1500 Goldwing.
Happy New Year.

Cheers
Ian :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the new 650. Get ready to answer a ton of SW vs Burg questions.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi hondaman
I would be interested to hear your view of the comparitive handling performance at say, 80mph, on switching curves.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
hondaman said:
I may now end up riding the Burgman 650 more than my GL1800.
Hondaman, as a former GL1800 owner, you will find the 650 a much easier bike to live with on a daily basis than the GL1800.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the Burgman 650 purchase hondaman. Looking forward to hearing your impression of the 650.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
hondaman said:
I may now end up riding the Burgman 650 more than my GL1800.
I'd bet on it. If you look at the riding mileages for 2004 that we have started to post, all of us that still own motorcycles put more miles on our Burgmans. In my case, it was over three times as many miles. And I like my motorcycle - I just enjoy using the scooter more.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I sold my Venture Royale when I got the Burgman. I haven't looked back.

I agree with Paul thatyou will put many more miles on the Burgman than on the Goldwing.

The simple reason is that the Burgman makes riing very easy and is not a chore

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats on your choice. Having driven Goldwings for lots of years, I can say, I like the 650 better. By the way, will you be switching your name to suzukiman?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am seriously considering it. However, I wouldn't feel right doing that as long as I own my GL1800:) I really love riding both bikes. My wife prefers riding on the GL1800, sitting in that comfortable Queen's seat. If she didn't care to ride on the bike, I would probably sell the Wing and stick with the Burgman. It's probably only a matter of time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
gl 1800 and burgman 650

Glad you got a burgman. I had both gl1800 and burgman 650 and my wife just loved riding the the 1800 better. It was much more comfortable for her. Since I put a corbin seat on the burgman she is just as happy riding on the scoot and we go as far on it as we did on the goldwing. Over all the burgman is a better bike for us and at half the price, what a deal.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
There seems to be a trend here!

The overall theme I have picked up on over the last 17 months or so is that almost everyone here that owns a Burgman and another bike rides the Burgman more. It's just a matter of time before they make an automatic Harley to compete with the Burgman! :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: There seems to be a trend here!

ScubaGirl said:
The overall theme I have picked up on over the last 17 months or so is that almost everyone here that owns a Burgman and another bike rides the Burgman more. It's just a matter of time before they make an automatic Harley to compete with the Burgman! :D
Yeah - thats a great idea the time saved shifting can be devoted to polishin' :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts