Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had anyone read my suggestion to Suzuki about adding A/C (or at least a water atomizer) to the Burgman before the powers that be removed it, and thought I was nuts... You'll be pleased to know I'm not the only fruitcake out there!

I was perusing http://www.aerostich.com and my my my!! Do they have a bunch of cool stuff! Including the water atomizer I've been looking for!!! After a ten mile ride that took one hour to complete on fresh blacktop while it was 99 degrees out really made me think that the Burgman needed A/C!! Really!!

PDF File follows
http://www.aerostich.com/isroot/riderwe ... Page48.pdf
Down at the bottom of the page is the Cool Mate Pump. Just what the doctor ordered for those long miserably hot rides! :lol: And only twenty bucks! Waiting for the catalog to show up to see what else they have.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hi Rob,

If we removed the post, it would be because it was worded in a conversational way, or something like that - not because of the nature of the suggestion. Please read Greengoose's post in the "Feedback to Suzuki" section for the posting rules for that area. We do enforce the rules in that area, and it is sometimes a judgement call. We try to be as lenient as possible, while preserving the intended use of the category.

If you'll read Greengoose's post, and resubmit the suggestion worded as if you were communicating directly with Suzuki - it will stay posted.

Thanks,

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's ok... It was posted half jokingly anyway. A/C will never make it. But when it's 99 degrees out, and you're sitting on hot blacktop making it probably somewhere around 120 or so, it makes ya think. :)

I pretty much can't post anything without it being conversational in nature anyway. :D

Oh, and I did read Greengoose's post, the day it was put there. :)

Do I use too many smilies :?:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ha! I don't recall any rule against smilies!

I do understand about the heat, and we have high humidity where I live that makes it even worse. I wouldn't be all that surprised if we do see a form of air conditioning eventually. We have electrically heated vests, jacket liners, gloves - why not electrically cooled ones? Someone could make a ton of money here...

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Cooling

Having almost passed out from dehydration and heat, I take cooling
seriously. I elected to get a wet vest from Marsee. I think Joe rocket
makes one too.

The trick with the vest is to squeeze out just the right amount of
water. Too much, and it doesn't last. To little, and you've wet
your pants.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
A number of years ago there was an atomizer-type device that consisted of a small plastic tube with holes in it that mounted to the top of your windshield. It had a feeder tube that ran down the side of the shield to a water bottle with a plunger that mounted to your dash. All you had to do was push the plunger to get a nice fine spray of water in your face as you rode. Never tried one but I guess that would help on a hot ride. :D

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Mist

I've used a mister. I spins around the vacumm behind the windshield.
It makes a mess of the windshield and switches. Not so much of it hits the rider, cooling him.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have seen a/c unit at a goldwing rally. The unit was mounted in a saddlebag and used hoses to move the air to the rider. Check some of the goldwing sites.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Well so far down here in south Texas I have been lucky
it never gets much above 103 so I don't need A/C, :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts