1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Looks like it would work fine to me. I don't use that brand but I use 75W90 synthetic gear lube in mine. I ask my dealership what they put in the bikes and they said they also use 75W90.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That Motul 300 LS is what I use on both my 650 & 400.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have been searching web for an alternative oil from Motul to use at our final drive and found the following.

https://www.motul.com/tr/en/products/oils-lubricants/gear-300-ls-75w90

Can you guys advise if this will fit our bike or not?

As far as i know AN650 requires the 300 ML SAE 90 GL-5 type transmission oil.

Thanks!
Last year I had the same question and called Motul tech Garret cell
951-818-9570. He explained that for my bike a 2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 the best oil they recommend is Motul 7100 for engine and transmission and Motul Gear box 80w90 Hypoid semi-synthetic for the final gear.
I have now changed it 2 times. from the first the winning of gears that I had with factory oil is gone. My Bike performs great and much quieter. He said I could use the 100% synthetic but this is within factory specifications and what they recommend. I figure he knows what he is talking about. Enclosed is his cell number, I left him a message and he returned the call. Call him yourself see what he says. If different please let me know.
Joe

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use Mobile 1 syn. 75W90 which is a GL5 if I remember right. That nomenclature means it's not transmission or engine oil, it's hypoid. I suppose it was named after the type of gearing it was designed to lube. (high shear)
Hypoid: a type of spiral bevel gear whose axis does not intersect with the axis of the meshing. (so not at 90 degrees and it's spiraled and beveled)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts