Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I did my first fill up yesterday and the pump did not automatically shut off as such, gas started to come out of the opening. How do you get the pump to shut off itself?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I suspect the gas pump nozzle was faulty. I never have an issue with pumps shutting off when full. I have sloshed a little while burping the Burg but that's on me.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I never use lock when installing 3 gallons. You dont have the neck room for slosh in that little tank. I generally have to go 1/2 speed when i fill mine and watch closely...Auto shut-off is a luxury but you cant rely on it and walk away, My jag over fills also, the kick off valve is looking for back pressure and it's common for it to not see it when filling.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Like Chappy I never trust the auto shutoff. I watch closely and fill it half speed.

·
Administrator
18,738 Posts
That 1.25 inch opening is necked down to a 5/8s or 3/4 inch hose line down to the tank. It has a 3/8's vent pipe that will back wash on ya.

A trick was to get a 3 inch long 1 inch to 1.5 inch adapter peice of ABS plastic plumbing pipe and insert the nozzle of the pump in the big end. Fill up, shake it off and toss it in the trunk.

I can not find a pic of mine as I do not use it and it may have gone with mu wrecked 650. But something like this in the plumbing aisle. http://www.lowes.com/pd_188240-1815-474015RMC_1z10xfu+1z10xvh__?productId=3380752&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&page=1&facetInfo=Adapter

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Where do you live? In CA we have vapor reclaim nossels on all of our hoses, you have to pull back the nossel foreskin, as it were, to get them to work.

And never use the auto shut off. It only take two or three minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts