Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a can of Honda spray cleaner and polish, is it ok for the windshield? My mirrors have a small vibration at regular speed, when i give it throttle it will smooth out the vibration fo a second, is there any way to put some foam or rubber in mirror case to take this out? Seat , I find it too hard, cut out foam and put in gel pad, was worse, replaced foam and put a sheep skin on it, was some better, now thinking about cutting the bottem of the seat out and putting in some springs like a car seat, or maby some bungy chord woven across it to act like springs, any one try something like this on other bikes? Few other things I did was put a hard liner in my hump bag made from 1/4 in plywood, like it great,now i can push my knees against it like a regular bike, will post pictures of it if any one wants to see them :) Wayne

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
At the rate your going you will be our seat expert, I have tried a few things like you
--some make it better but none make it what I want- -
And with recovering after each new idea, it can get costly .
I have all but given up being limited to what I can do, or have done, locally. I guess the next step will be to wait for the Corbin "400" seat to come out, if it is as good as they say the "650" seat is then , great !
:)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
seatec said:
Seat, I find it too hard...
Randy said:
I guess the next step will be to wait for the Corbin "400" seat to come out, if it is as good as they say the "650" seat is then , great ! :)
If you find the stock seat too hard you probably won't like the standard Corbins. They are true "saddles" that you sit on, rather than sink into.

Once one gets used to them though, most like 'em.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Brian said:
seatec said:
Seat, I find it too hard...
Randy said:
I guess the next step will be to wait for the Corbin "400" seat to come out, if it is as good as they say the "650" seat is then , great ! :)
If you find the stock seat too hard you probably won't like the standard Corbins. They are true "saddles" that you sit on, rather than sink into.

Once one gets used to them though, most like 'em.
A thought I have on seats is, I PERSONALLY have had terrible luck with Corbin. To make it worse, their Customer Service was AWFUL! But having said that, may try it for the scooter for a couple reasons?
1-They are a seat premade, complete with pan so I can KEEP the stock seat (like Mustang)
2-Like my Russell Daylong Saddles (ALL have been perfect for ME), the firmness of the seats has always been "SUPPORTIVE" yet fully comfortable as it has a "Buckit" that allows me to sit IN that firm "pocket". That "pocket" the stock seat doesn't have, which creats a pinching and discomfort.
3- The Corbin is only $500.00 or LESS (without backrests), My Russell Daylong is $900.00-$100000 with Leather AND you have to send them your stock seat (that you lose).

So, I may have to give old Corbin another try. Will be breaking all my rules, but man, the stocker HURTS this old dude!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Stormsteed said:
Pappy said:
My Russell Daylong is $900.00-$100000.....
Really?? :?: :shock: :shock: :shock:
SAD but true. I don't have it for the Burgman. This is the price for the Honda Silverwing and Burgman etc with backrest. SCARY huh?????

·
Registered
520 Posts
pauljo said:
Umm... There's gotta be a decimal point missing in that one hundred thou... :eek:
NO. ONE THOUSAND. They are the best I have ever had in M/C Seats, but the Scooter seats require so MUCH leather and time due to their size, they are EXPENSIVE. ONE THOUSAND......My butt hurts, but only $650.00 (Corbin with 1 backrest) worth! :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Brian Wrote
The seat on my BMW was a true saddle it was fine, except I think the Burgman seat while still a saddle will have to be larger and I know my backside will not complain about that. :lol:
The "400" seat is not ready yet but then nether am I, maybe someone in Texas will buy one and I can try it out first :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts