Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think I will be emailing them direct in Germany soon as I am still unable to get a response from the American distributor. I want the backrest/sissybar as well as the rails and fender protectors. I think the chrome will look great on my black scoot. I have been toying with everything except the backrest and putting on a Givi trunk with the backrest and chrome rack on top. This might look good with the rest of Fehlings rails/protectors. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JohnnyDeath said:
I think I will be emailing them direct in Germany soon as I am still unable to get a response from the American distributor. I want the backrest/sissybar as well as the rails and fender protectors. I think the chrome will look great on my black scoot. I have been toying with everything except the backrest and putting on a Givi trunk with the backrest and chrome rack on top. This might look good with the rest of Fehlings rails/protectors. Decisions, decisions...
Definitely email them directly! I'm toying around with the rails/protectors for my black 650 too. After seeing what this chrome piece did, it really changes the whole appearance!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It is a good looking unit and seems to fit like it came off the show room floor that way.
And that rack can be a very practical addition 8)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I’ve had email correspondence with the Fehling folks. You will need to pay them in euros and their shipping to the US is very expensive. Going through the US distributor is less expensive.

I wonder why they are not responding. Have you tried calling and emailing? Maybe they are on vacation?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I reached the US importer and ordered the sissybar/backrest/luggage rack. I let Jim know that I heard about them at burgmanusa forum. Very nice guy. I think I will eventually order fender and front & rear rails and the fairing guard.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
JohnnyDeath said:
I reached the US importer and ordered the sissybar/backrest/luggage rack. I let Jim know that I heard about them at burgmanusa forum. Very nice guy. I think I will eventually order fender and front & rear rails and the fairing guard.
He and his wife are both really nice - and I'm still waiting for the bill for the stuff they let me have at Scootercade. That's why I'm thinking that they are seriously backlogged with work.

Just curious if he gave any reason for the delay in responding to you.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just received mine and installed. Looks GREAT!

Johnny

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chuck,
Passenger back rest and sissy bar rack look nice. I also noticed your Utopia driver back rest. Do you order direct from Utopia in Ohio or do you have to go through a dealer? Wife and I are planning a scooter vacation to Wisconsin next summer with our 650's and driver back rests are a must.

:santa:
Thanks for your help!

Helix
Silver 650
Black 650 with Texas sidecar

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Helix said:
Chuck,
Passenger back rest and sissy bar rack look nice. I also noticed your Utopia driver back rest. Do you order direct from Utopia in Ohio or do you have to go through a dealer? Wife and I are planning a scooter vacation to Wisconsin next summer with our 650's and driver back rests are a must.

:santa:
Thanks for your help!

Helix
Silver 650
Black 650 with Texas sidecar
I think you have to order direct from Utopia... they make the backrest once you order it: http://www.utpr.com

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Custom Fabrication

khelton said:
Paul,

I got my bill from the couple at Scootercade for my luggage rack/backrest the middle of October with an apology for taking so long to get out the invoices.
Hey! Merry Christmas Scooter Girl!

I got my bill just a couple of weeks earlier. Paid it on 9/28, which was a day or two after I received it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Who is Fehling US Distributor?

Apparently I am going to need the full range of bars that Fehling makes. I have learned the hard way that the 650 is not meant for rough rural Mississippi gravel roads. They are very hard on the tupperware when the ruts cause even a very gentle laydown. I will have to get some armor or stay off of them while exploring.

Who do I contact?

Outbound

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey folks,,try http://www.twtouring.com
Ian is a great guy and has all the stuff you need from Fehling. I bought my sissybar/backrest from him.....

Tell Ian I sent ya...
Steve/Richardson,Tx

Hey outbound...wish I knew you were there in Natchez as I used to ride in jackson when I worked there last year...now Im back in dallas....dang it..

·
Registered
258 Posts
protectors and sissybar/luggage rack

We also have ordered the sissybar w/luggage rack from Ian Gibbs at twtouring. He has been very responsive, personally involved, and right upfront about shipping times and charges. I will do as much business with him as possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have installed the full set from Ian. They look pretty good too. :study: Reading directions does not do well unless one reads German, but it is pretty straight forward.

Outbound

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
hey Joe,
I agree about Ian. He is always on top of the orders and always honest in cost. shipping and anything else thats involved with the order. I have just ordered an american flag and pole (for about $25 less than in stores) for my birthday next month that my wife will give me..
I will post some pics when i get it installed with all my new add ons.

Steve

·
Registered
258 Posts
when you find an honest merchant, give him your custom. glad your stuff fits well and hope I can get mine installed without problems. we are getting a bit excited about going home to Oregon. Haven't been in two years. We'll get kwang hee's safety racks on Chauncey and head for Yellowstone to get used to the heavier, faster, and stronger BURGMAN. 19 months and counting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts