Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
csachs1,

They drop the scooter of centre stand with skate board plateform under rear wheel then roll it onto front wheel ...

That's if they don't find park brake lever first ...

And the ignition lock plate (i havn't tried yet) but I would say with the right size screw driver you could open it ...
And use slide hammer with self tapping screw on the end (like dent puller) and pull the ignition barrel out to disable steering lock ...

Greg ...

P.S. - Post here instead of turning feedback into another posting arena ...
If Admim. thinks it should be there you can move it ...

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
A number of years ago I found a good way to lock the centerstand in the down position on my Yamaha Venture. I simply took a cable lock and threaded it through the centerstand when it was down and then threaded the other end under the bike through the rear-most section of the front wheel and locked the cable so it was tight enough that the stand couldn't be moved rearward to raise it.
Luckily, the cable I used was just the right length that when locked between the front wheel and centerstand it was tight with no slack. A length of chain could be used but you'd have to be careful not to scratch the paint on the wheel or plastic that the chain might hit as you run it under the chassis.
I really haven't tried it on my 650 but I think it could be done. :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DonRich90,

Yes I thought that to, but messy and fiddly ...

Have been looking @ my 250 could run steel bar with pin to slide into machining locating hole in rear drive housing and then padlock to centre stand ... but still messy and need to fit bar under seat my be to long ...

Need some spare time to look at it properly would prefer slide pin type lock like steering lock ... to busy building my amplifiers and active cross over for stereo project ...

Greg ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts