Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have been reading the feed back to suzuki and am having a tough time believing everything that you people want . if they put half the stuff that you are asking for the thing would cost more than a goldwing .i am not pointing fingers but for eg rubber mats and weather stripping in the glove box just go to wally mart and buy the stuff ,a compass ,radio , sat tv and a bbq .take a little time and personalize your own ride with what you want . i really think it is great to have this section for suzuki to read (and i hope they are reading it ) but some of the things everyone wants can be done by the owner. to me major things like speedo error ,diesel noise ,better shocks are important but a $2 item at a auto parts store i can handle them . i hope i did not make anyone mad but lets not look like we a bunch of whinners

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Don't think you got anyone upset, I think your right .
I also think it comes down to a line in a TV sit-com I saw "if you don't ask you don't get"
Besides
1 - Dreaming is free
2 - Bigger is better
3 - Always ask for more then you need, you may get what you need. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Guys,

The purpose of that section is to tell Suzuki what you would like to see. It doesn't necessarily indicate dissatisfaction with the current machine. And everyone would like something different, which is understandable.

We certainly don't expect to see everything, or even most of it - if they read the section and implement 2 or 3 of the suggestions each year, we are ahead of the game. Also, some of the suggestions would cost them very little to implement.

It has also been interesting to see what some of our members would want - and what they would not want.

Relax! It is an interesting exercise. Something good may come of it - and your Burgmans aren't going to cost $20,000. Suzuki has to sell them, so they obviously aren't going to let that happen.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think that bbq could be done under the seat! Nice idea!

Satellite TV, only if it's a self tracking dish. That way, we'd have uninterrupted tv across the continent!

I still want the A/C, although the powers that be appear to not agree with me. :lol:

Electronic dimming mirrors W/electronic adjustments

Heated seats and handlebars

Built in Birds-Eye 3D GPS ala Infiniti style.

Keyless Start ala Lexus style.

Reverse Gear

Electric adjustable windshield

Electronic cruise control

Built in AM/FM/CD/MP3/Sirius/Intercom/Phone/Aviation Scanner

Trip computer with compass and temp

Small fridge to keep drinks cold

At least 4 cup holders

Tire pressure gauge

Pump for both shocks and tires

ABS

A Pear tree (Need something to put my Partridge in)

Automatic Center stand

Bigger Gas Tank

Cancelling Turn Signals

They could build this thing up to compete directly with the Goldwing, and I'd buy it at $20,000

Of course, they won't, so Honda is going to get my money next time around. I made the mistake of sitting on a Goldwing the other day. Now I want one.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Burgman! Just got back from a 5 hour scoot, I was riding with a guy with a ST1300 (Honda type bike) he was gettin' pretty jealous as I had an automatic, and he had to keep shifting. I was jealous cause he had the electric windshield adjustment, trip computer, and temp gauge! (Although I didn't tell him I was.) Kept up with him no problem, and he was real impressed by the end of the ride. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
If they just built the burgman like this, I could have all that stuff, including the A/C and eat my cake all at the same time. :)

Ok, if you're interested, that's the BMW C1 built back in 1980 (Concept only, never produced) The back tires stayed put, the front part leaned left and right. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, why wouldn't they mass produce something like that. Probably get great gas mileage and you could have all those things listed above. Of course if it's BMW an arm and a leg probably wouldn't cover it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts